Chapter 23

He winced in pain but didn't give up

He winced in pain but didn't give up. He grabbed a silver pocket knife from his pocket and cut the it's arm.

It growled from the amount of pain it received. With it's claws, it kept scratching him. Wounds and bruises appeared on his skin.

-Meanwhile-

Harry untied Ariel's hands and feet. "Can you stand?" He helped her get up as she nodded a yes.

Just as they were about to leave, Harrison was grabbed by the collar of his shirt. Ariel was stopped from helping him because she was under the strong grip of a werewolf.

She screamed and cried as she saw him fighting the werewolf with a hot metal stick stabbed into him. She tried breaking free from the grip. The werewolf died getting hit from a knife.

Harry used the same knife to kill the werewolf who was holding Ariel. Harry fell from all the pain he received. Blood splattered everywhere. As soon as the werewolf's grip loosened, she got down to his level. She cupped his cheeks, crying.

"Gosh...I really wanted y-you to meet my d-dad..," he cried in pain. "G-go save Dylan..." his eyes closed permanently. Ariel hugged him, sobbing. "This..is all my f-fault.. I'm so sorry.."

She held herself back, sniffling. She noticed a beautiful locket falling from his pocket. The locket had a dirty gold coloured key to it. She picked it up. "I-I will..I will m-meet your dad and...complain about y-you to him.."

She held the locket firmly and put it into her pocket. Glancing at Harry once more, she ran out. She ran out to save her one and only.

She stopped at her tracks as she saw Dylan getting beaten up. His head was severely bleeding. He was coughing up blood. He sent a small smile as soon as he saw Ariel. A part of him was relieved that she was okay and safe.

She took the knife that was next to her and ran towards the werewolf. She stabbed it's shoulder. "Y-you should've r-ran!" He yelled. "I'm the only one who can hurt you!" He laughed at her words.

The werewolf fell on the ground. She took this opportunity to help Dylan. "I won't leave you" Her concerning eyes cornered him. He wanted to look at them all day long. He caressed her cheek with his hand. "You can't leave me.." she said.

Dylan saw that the werewolf was going to attack her with a large piece of rock. He pulled her down so now she was laying down on the ground. He covered her body with his, resulting the stone to hit his head.

Ariel flinched at the sound it made. The werewolf reached his limit and slowly died. Blood drops were dropping on her face. "I-Im..sorry..I cou-uldnt keep..my promise.." he let out a shaky breath. "But..m-my heart will always be with y-you.." his eyes were dropping.

He fell, his head buried in the crook of her neck. She cried louder and louder.

Ryder ran towards them as soon as he saw what was happening. He helped in taking Dylan. Unknowingly, tears fell from his eyes as well. They took him and Harry somewhere safe although, the werewolves were dead.

Ariel took a deep breath before checking the pulse of Harry. He was already gone..from the moment he said his good-bye..

Luckily Dylan had his heart beating despite being in a critical condition. Ariel had studied medicine from a young age but it didn't mean that she knew what to do. They searched for a vehicle or any source of transportation to take him to the hospital.

Ryder found a car that looked a little dusty but it wasn't broken. He opened the car door and also, found the key to the car. He sighed as he signalled Ariel. He then carried Dylan to the act and placed him on the seat. Next to him sat Ariel. They drove to the hospital as fast as possible.

The whole time, Ariel held his hand. "Be okay..please.." she whispered.

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━
To be continued
━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━