Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"That's all I am? A fucking bet?!" El yelled, sobbing loudly. But she wasn't the only one crying in the room.

"No no, y-you have to trust me, it not lik-"

"You think I should trust you? After everything, you did to me?!"

"El please hear me out-"

"Do you think my heart is a toy you can play with, Mike?! Love might be a 'transaction' to you but it is a real thing. Something you've never felt and never will you heartless monster!" she cried, making Mike clench his jaw in anger. She knew people call him a 'heartless monster' pissed him off.

"That's not true and you know it," he said with his teeth gritted.

"Well, guess what? That the only thing that's true because the rest aren't," she said, shaking her head. "It was all a game, wasn't it? I actually thought, I thought-" she sobbed, choking on her own tears. "None of it was real, you are just a liar,"

"El, that was all before, before I got to know you!" he tried to explain but she cut him off.

"How could you?" she asked in disbelief. "Did our promises and kisses mean anything to you? Did I mean anything to you?"

"I did, El! It still does!" he cried desperately. He fell on his knees, wrapping his arms around her hips and burying his head in her belly.
"Please don't leave me, I love you, El. More than you'd ever know, you are my everything, please don't leave me," he sobbed making her heart crack further.

"I did mean everything I said to you, it was all real. You have to trust me, El,"

"No," she said making him snap his head in her direction. He got up on his feet again, wiping away his tears.

"No?"

"No," she repeated, her face emotionless.

"B-but you promised you'll never let me go,"

"Two can play this game," she sniffed, taking a step back.

"Goodbye, Mike,"

And with that she stormed out of the cabin, running off into the woods. What El felt right now was unexplainable. One minute, you have everything you ever wanted in your whole life and you feel like the happiest person alive and the next it all comes crumbling down, leaving you with nothing but pure pain. Life was a mess, it put surprises through the way, good and bad ones and if karma was a real thing, El didn't know how many hundreds of people she hurt to feel this way. She was broken, so broken that she wondered if she could ever be fixed again. She just wishes this was all just a bad nightmare that she will wake up from but it wasn't, it was happening. It was real.

~

Mike, on the other hand, was a sobbing mess, he has faced his share of ups and downs in his life, sure but this was different, this was a deep cut, something he can never heal from. Honestly, he never knew he'd love someone too much. Whenever he thought he couldn't love her more, however, he ended up being wrong because every day their love for each other grew more and more. He never understood how people fell out of love when there is so much you have to love someone about.

He grabbed the flower vase, throwing it across the room ferociously. It broke into multiple pieces, but not as much as his heart did. Unlike El, Mike didn't believe in karma. But he did believe in beating people to death and his capability to do so. He stormed out of the cabin, deciding to start with the base of this catastrophe.

The cabin which was once filled with laughter and joy was now left empty with sorrow and pain. How things change in a fraction of a second was scary.

Can what went downhill make its way up again? If it does, will it be together or in separate ways? I guess we'll just have to find out.

A/N
Hey! Sorry for the late update. This chapter was a disaster. We are reaching the end folks. I can't promise you a happy ending and I promise it'll be a satisfying one.

Tysm for reading, voting and commenting!

See y'all in the next chapter!

Byeee!

-meetu xx