❘༻Thoughts༺❘

The rain was now mercilessly pouring outside and the lightning had stopped. Remus still held the face of his student in his warm hands, gently caressing her cheeks with his thumbs. His eyes searched for any kind of reaction on her face. He didn't want to scare her away. He only wanted to bring her closer. The man scrunched his eyebrows with worry.

"Rose?"

"Do you feel sorry for me or do you really want me?"

Remus wasn't sure if he heard her correctly from the heavy rain. Does he feel sorry for her? Why would she say anything like that? "Sorry?"

"You heard me, professor."

The brown haired man pulled her away from the opened area and made his way towards the benches. Rose felt uncomfortable with her wet pyjamas and hair sticking to her skin, but she had bigger things on her mind. If he had entered her mind so many times, he surely saw the negative picture she had about herself. Pity isn't something she needs from him. Or from anyone. She wanted him to like her for her.

"Do you pity me because of what you saw in my mind?"

Then, Remus realised what she was talking about. No, of course he didn't pity her. He had fantasies about her before discovering her opinion about herself. He only wanted her in a sexual way at first, but now? Holding her at night during thunderstorms seemed like the most peaceful thing in the world. He loved the way her soft cheeks perfectly fit in his big hands. They were almost the size of her face and Remus couldn't help but chuckle at the cuteness.

"I do not pity you, darling."

The nickname made her stomach fill with butterflies and she could feel her head heat up. Her professor was turned with his body towards her and his legs on each side of the bench. Her eyes were struggling to stay on his. His white shirt was sticking to his skin and his hair was wet too. She loved the way the wet strands fell over his eyes and the way the raindrops rolled down his face and neck. His tongue peeked out of his lips and licked them, removing the raindrops. Rose didn't even realise that her mouth was slightly open. She closed it immediately, then looked away.

"I've told you once, Roseanne. I'll tell you again. You're beautiful. Why do you think that way about yourself?"

Rose scoffed at his words, still looking away. Then, she felt his hand under her chin again. He turned her head towards him and she realised that he was much closer. Her body moved backwards in an attempt to try and get away from him. Little did she know that Remus decided he won't let her go tonight. He put his other hand on her back and pushed her towards him. Rose didn't know how to close her mind, so Remus knew that she wasn't uncomfortable. Just shy.

"It's not that simple," the girl finally replied.

For a moment, it felt like her skin was becoming a million times more sensitive. Remus gently caressed her bottom lip with his thumb, mesmerised with the shape of it and wondering about the taste. She enjoyed the touch a bit too much. But it still wasn't enough. The man's eyes never left her lips. He patiently moved his hand back under her chin and gently brought her head close to his.

"Let me make it simple."

Rose could almost feel her heart jumping out of her chest. She felt awkward. She didn't know what to do with her hands. She didn't even know how to kiss. She only read about it and saw Fred and Dell do it, but she never had a first kiss. She was always the save it for the right person type. Although, Adrian Pucey gave her a lot of attention two years ago. He tried to kiss her once, but she was clumsy and accidentally slipped and fell, dragging the boy with her. It was the last time she tried to talk to a boy that isn't a Weasley.