Chapter 42: Mr. Wilter

Start from the beginning

I slightly nodded.

She smiled and moved to open the door for me.

We enter her office.

She shut the door gently and lock it behind.

I was a little confused on why she would lock it. She don't normally do that.

"I don't want any interruption." She announced like she knew what I was thinking.

She let me sit down on the couch.

"It was about time you stop hiding.. I thought you're planning to avoid me forever." She replied with an amused tone.

Last time I check, we were both doing the same thing.

I averted my eyes on her table.

"The only reason why I haven't bother you for the past week is because of Tori's request." She mentioned.

"Tori? You guys talk about what?" I asked feeling more nervous now.

"She told me to give you some time to process things. She said you were too embarrassed to face me. That night, I immediately drove back here to check if you were okay because I was so worried about you. I also have a lot of questions to ask. I met Tori back in your room. You probably don't remember because you were too drunk." She explained.

So what I saw wasn't a hallucination..

I was relieved when she mentioned that she didn't want to avoid me but only giving me space that I needed.

"I'm sorry.." I said apologetically.

"Are you ready to explain everything to me.. I haven't had enough sleep after that night you know.. It's been driving me crazy." She mentioned.

"I know.. I did something stupid." I replied while my hands where on my lap.

She crossed her legs and lean back on her chair.

"Why did you get so drunk?" She start asking.

I frowned.

"Is that really what you want to know?"

She nodded without blinking.

"Among all other things.. yes, that's a part of what I want to understand." She replied.

"It's a party.. everyone drinks at party. I'm sorry for having a very low tolerance. I only drank like a quarter of the bottle." I replied defending myself.

"But not you.. I've seen you on parties, you don't drink. You barely touch any alcohol. So what makes that party different?" She asked again.

"Well I guess, I was feeling it that night. I wanted to have a little drink." I argued.

She raise her one eyebrow.

"You know I waited for a week for this. I thought you were ready to explain things but it looks like you're just trying to make some excuses." She said irritably.