Nishinoya x Reader

Title: Unapologize
Fluff
No Warning

Inspiration from : Carrie Underwood's Unapologize

Nishinoya was holding your hand, as you guys walked back from the park. It was a Saturday, and he decided to spend the entire day with you. Which was honestly the sweetest thing ever. He planned a picnic in the park and you both were just talking and laughing. You and Nishinoya weren't exactly dating, but there was something between you two. You guys often shared small kisses, cuddled, and held hands. It was a shock to everyone when you both confirmed you both weren't dating.

Truth be told you liked Nishinoya a lot but you knew he was focused on volleyball and you were his comfort. You had always been his comfort since elementary school. You both only got closer the older you guys got, hardly being separable. You enjoyed moments like this where it was just the two of you enjoying the others company.

"(Y/N), did you want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Sure... want to stay in this time and just watch movies?"

"Sounds perfect."

"My mom will be working late probably won't be home until Monday."

"Awesome, we can cuddle in your room then."

You smiled as he stopped outside of your house, and you both just sat on the porch. Neither one of you were ready to leave the other so sitting there was the only option. You laid your head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around you tightly. You looked up at Nishinoya and he looked at you with a smile before leaning down and capturing your lips in a gentle kiss.

You sighed against his lips, almost instantly kissing him back. He cupped your cheek as you moved your head in a more comfortable way to kiss. His lips moved against yours and like always you felt fireworks explode in your stomach. His kisses were always gentle, and sweet. When he parted you couldn't shut your mouth. You said the three words that you never wanted to say out loud.

"I love you..." It was silent, before you processed what you said and you opened your eyes to see Nishi's eyes widen. That's when it dawned on you what you said and you blushed ten shades of red.

"I am so sorry. I take that back... I am sorry. Forget what I said." You said quickly, feeling like an idiot. You knew he didn't love you back. Why would you even say that, the way the moon shined down on you two, and the kiss your mind and heart went off the tracks.

"(Y/N)... I..."

"I know... I am sorry. Forget it, okay? I didn't mean to say that." You stood up and he stood up as well.

"You should head home, my mom is probably wanting me to come back inside." You didn't give him the chance to respond and rushed inside, leaving Nishinoya on your front porch. You closed the door behind you and leaned against the door frame, before seeing your father. Who looked like he was going to head to work.

You glanced out the window to see that Nishinoya had already left and you hit your head against the wall.

"(N/N), what's wrong?" Your dad asked and you looked up at him feeling the tears brim your eyes.

"I... just told Nishinoya I loved him... I know he doesn't feel the same. His only love is volleyball. I should have never said anything. I said it without thinking." You groaned covering your face.

"Did you apologize?"

"I said I was sorry... and that I didn't mean it."

"Are you really sorry?"

"I am sorry that I ruined our friendship probably. But not my feelings." You huffed and he shook his head.

"I doubt you ruined your friendship with him. I have to head to work. But I am sure he doesn't hate you."

"I hope you are right... where is mom?"

"She went on her business trip early she won't be home until Wednesday. I am headed out now. Be good, and make sure to always lock the door at night."

"Alright, be safe." Your dad kissed the top of your head and left. You locked the door and went to your room and fell on your bed. You screamed into your pillow, so angry that you confessed. But at the same time, you really weren't sorry. You meant the words you said.

"Ugh, tomorrow is going to be so awkward." You mumbled into your pillow.

~Time skip~

You woke up the next morning, and decided to shower and get ready for the day. You threw on a pair of sweat pants, and a sweat shirt before going to make you a bowl of cereal. You looked through your phone before a message popped up.

From: Nishi

To: (N/N)

'Are we still on for today?'

From: (N/N)

To: Nishi

'Yeah... if you want too.'

From: Nishi

To: (N/N)

'Open the door...'

From: (N/N)

To: Nishi

'YOU ARE ALREADY HERE?!'

You put your empty bowl in the sink and rushed to the door to see Nishi rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"I know I am earlier than normal, I just wanted to spend the entire day with you."

"No, it's fine. I am just surprised you still wanted to come over." You said letting him in, and he removed his shoes.

"You are my best friend... of course, no matter what..." Your smile wavered a bit, but you took a deep breath.

"Nishi..."

"Yeah, (N/N)?"

"I unapologize..."

"Huh?"

"Yesterday, I told a little white lie... I told you how I felt, and lied saying I didn't mean it. That I was sorry." He blinked before realizing what you were talking about,

"(N/N)..."

"I love you..."

"(N/N)..."

"I know you only love volleyball..."

"(Y/N)..."

"This may change our friendship and I am sorry for that... but not my feelings."

"(Y/~)"

"I don't want you to forget that I love you... I will always be there even if you don't want me to be."

"(Y~)"

"Nishi~" He got frustrated that you kept cutting him off and decided to cut you off the only way he could think of. He slammed his lips onto yours and your eyes widen, and he gently pinned you to the wall. He laced his fingers with yours and moved his lips against yours gently. This kiss was much different than the other kisses. He was pouring everything he felt into this one kiss, and your heart was pounding. He slipped his tongue past your lips and you let a small noise out before he finally pulled away.

"Finally, I got you to be quiet." He said, leaning his forehead against yours.

"I love you too (Y/N), you never needed to apologize. Not yesterday, not today. In fact, I was going to say it but you beat me to it. I don't only love volleyball. I love you too. In fact, if you wanted me to quit volleyball I would."

"N-Nishi..."

"Now, that I know that you mean it... will you please be my girlfriend?" You quickly nodded your head with a wide smile and he smiled back removing his shoes after letting you go.

"Let's go cuddle and watch a movie! I brought all of your favorite snacks." He said grabbing your hand and pulled you along and you couldn't help but laugh.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too (N/N)..."