𝟐. 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━chapter two
countless dreams;
2158 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒chapter two — countless dreams;2158 words ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

ANASTASIA HAS BEEN SMILING NONSTOP ALL DAY. The night before, she stumbled into the kitchen, bumped into her brother, and made pancakes for her and Logan. For a brief moment that night, she sprinted across the entire school to Charles' bedroom where she woke him up and told him he was a dumbass. She had gotten confirmation from both Jean and Logan that the burn on her asscheck looked exactly like the state of Alaska.

As much as she hated the state of the current world, she still found a way to be happy. Despite a Mutant registration being up in the air, despite Erik being a bad guy, despite her perhaps living forever, she continued to smile.

"Reality alterations can range from transmogrifying objects or subjects into something different, or altering the laws of reality, logic, and physics..uh..creating things out of thin air, and even outright erasing it on the spot," Anastasia said to the classroom full of students. She stood in the front of the room, facing everyone.

"For example—" Anastasia held her hand up in the air. With the snap of her fingers, a pen appeared in her hand. "Creating things out of thin air."

She waved her hand while holding the pen and suddenly it was a pretzel. "Transmogrifying. And..."

With one last wave of her hand. The pen, turned pretzel disappeared into thin air. "Erasing it on the spot."

The students all watched in amazement at their teacher performed the stunt. Quantum Mechanics was a more advance course, so many of the students were well into their teenage years. And due to the advancement and interest of the subject, only a few kids chose to take this class.

A few — Joshua Foley, David Alleyne, Xi'an Coy Manh — only took the class to gaze lovingly at their teacher whom they felt very attracted to. However, Bobby Drake took the class due to his real interest in it. Marie D'Ancanto, better off known as Rogue, was new to the class. She was allowed to sit in the back of classes for the next week to see which classes she preferred or the ones she could test out of. Rogue was a smart girl, and loved Anastasia's style of teaching. It was tactile of sorts, and allowed students to understand how different powers could come about.

The bell rang through the halls of the school and student piled out of classrooms to head to lunch. Anastasia, only having to teach two classes a day, pulled out a stack of papers from her desk and started to read through them. After a moment, she felt someone standing in the doorway.

"Sorry to intrude," Logan said, stepping into the classroom. "I had just overheard your lesson. I thought you could control emotions, not reality." He walked over to one of the desks closest to her and leaned against it.