𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥

"Uh, hi! Dr. Spencer Reid, right? I'm looking for SSA Hotchner?" She said as she approached a man with longer hair, who was sitting by a fairly crowded desk. He stopped writing and looked up at her, analyzing her outfit, posture, and the large box in her hands. A new agent, he thought. It was rare, but it happened- but what surprised him the most was her smooth British accent. It took him another second to take in her green eyes, short caramel hair, and the innocent but eager atmosphere that surrounded her. And another to actually reply to her after realizing that she is, in fact, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

"I-I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Right! I'm so sorry- my morning has been a little chaotic. My name is Dr. Valerie Rosa. I'm the new member of the BAU. It's nice to meet you," she quickly replied, sticking out her hand and waiting for him to shake it. But the moment never came. Shy, germaphobic, handsome, but socially awkward. Probably not much luck with women...

"Hey kid, who's this?" Asked a muscular man, walking up to them and resting his elbows on the back of Spencer's spinny chair.

"Dr. Valerie Rosa, pleasure to meet you." He, in return, smiled, flirtatiously took her hand, then kissed it lightly.

"Agent Derek Morgan. Believe me, the pleasure is mine."

"Well, Agent Morgan, I should warn you that I'm apparently the youngest on this team. Aaron warned me about you," she informed, laughing. Spencer chuckled and continued to analyze her every move and gesture.

"Warned you? Huh, there's nothing to warn you about!" He laughed, "You know Hotch?"

"Yeah!" She replied enthusiastically, but she didn't want to reveal any details. "Do you know where he could be right now?"

"He should be in his office, just up those stairs."

"Thank you," she said, smiling. Just as she was about to leave them, the younger finally spoke up.

"Sorry, how did you- how did you know my name?" He asked, slightly squinting his eyes at her, confused.

"I um... My friend worked on a case with you guys before. She told me about a doctor who looks like a teenager but dresses like her grandfather..." She answered with a smirk.

"Ha! Now that is an accurate description," commented Morgan, laughing. Spencer, on the other hand, looked shocked, hurt, and still confused. Morgan chuckled at the sight and patted him on the shoulder.

"I was joking Doctor, you should loosen up a bit," she joked, adding, "It's the nameplate that gave it away," before she walked away, winking at him. His gaze was locked in the place where she was stood, and his mouth was slightly agape.

"What's wrong, kid? Got a new crush?"

"Shut up, Morgan..."

Valerie knocked on the door, briskly looking down at Morgan and Spencer before she was let in. Inside were huge bookcases that contained about a hundred thick books, a few picture frames, and trophies. In the middle of the room was, of course, Hotch's desk, clattered with all kinds of office supplies, papers, folders, and pictures. She noted that there weren't any pictures of his wife, Haley, only pictures of his son, which she found strange.

"Hotch, hi! How are you?" She exclaimed.

"I'm good, how are you? How are you feeling?" He asked, smiling at her, looking at how much she had changed in the past few years.

"Great! I'm glad to finally be here. I've hardly slept for the past week because I was so excited. Also, moving over here has been quite hectic, you know how it is... How are Haley and Jack?"