Chapter 6. March 15th

Comincia dall'inizio

They answered "no.", which was expected but still disappointing considering everything could have been so much easier if they had only chosen to be on the right side of history.

It was an on-off of pointless arguments and desperate screams of protecting their children and what not before the button was pressed. After the explosion, chaos broke loose, way worse than before. I was starting to feel dizzy and slipped in and out of conciousness without really controlling it. Whenever I would blackout, a shadow stepped into control of my mind and I could only hear it echo in my brain. The shadow claimed to be Dream and he spoke to everyone, posing clear threats and demands. Unfortunately, they wouldn't listen to him either, insulting hapi and calling it a "parasite". How could something as amazing as a smile be parasitic?

He spoke of chaos and of government before L'Apple attacked with a "holy vector". Immediately, I could feel Dream start to crumble under the pressure, coughing up blood and weakening my body. I fell to the ground.

You know people have told me before that hapi would harm me, kill us all, that we were doomed from the second hapi first appeared in our ranks. Well I don't know if it was because Dream was controlling my mind and emotions in that moment but when his shadow left, hapi felt like the purest thing I had ever experienced. Waves of euphoria even through the dirt and ruins of L'Apple. I realized that I had been right all the time.

Hapi was the only home I needed.

Luna:

The time has come. Last week, we made a deal. They join hapi, or L'Apple is gone. Now, Mlem and me are getting ready to head out. Hopefully they'll join, otherwise we'd have to say goodbye to L'Apple. And it'd be a shame, Dream still has use for it. So a no would be very bad.

...

No.

They said no. Those motherf*ckers said no. Can't they see it? Hapi is the answer, it'll rid them of their faults! But to each their own, I guess they just want death. And we'll deliver :)

...

So what happened in the end? We blew up a cave that had children inside, Dream managed to take over mlem's body. We were surrounded, the 2 of us were not enough. Mlem even got almost cured! But luckily there was no cure, so she was hapi again very fast :)

But this whole incident left me thinking: was I really like him? I-I couldn't be, I mean, he was insane, he did it to himself, there's no way I'd go down the same path, right? L'Appe would stand for long, r-right? :)

Doc:

Ah yes, March 15th. Seems to me sixteen in the continent of Orchadia is the day before. But this day was bad news, as is the 15th of every month. I'm simply not going to sugar coat my point of view with fancy words because I'm a bit of a poet and I like to do it. Personally this is trauma to my character, however events to come will make this pile like child's play. To put it midly, the Cult of Somnium Morbus, more widely know as The Hapi, made their return in our story once again. This time was different. We confronted them. History seemed as if it was on the opposite side of history with Hapi. Earth history, yes, but not galactic history. The Hapi were threatening to hurt Ghostie's children, Lizard and Icy. But of course I knew of an Earth story from an island of the European mainland.
 Luna has grabbed onto Icy's shoulder while Starry was trying to break Icy free. Icy was screaming in pain as Luna had dug her hand into the shoulder. I ran at Luna and dived at her. I pinned her down. Luna broke free and retreated the safety of the hapi lines.