тнe vιle vιllage: parт тwo

Start from the beginning

"Who is the killer, then?" someone shouted from the crowd, suspense flowing in the air.

"I already cracked this case if you know what I mean." Count Olaf announced, signaling the crowd to cheer.

"An innocent man is dead! You are the real Count Olaf and the chief of police is actually Esme Squalor." Violet corrected, making the people gasp in surprise. "They kidnapped Y/n L/n and they murdered Jacques Snicket!" Fake expressions of offense replaced Esme and Count Olaf's once calm one.

"I am a groovy man of the law, man. I wouldn't harm the hair on a shoofly. Plus, who is to say that this Y/n person you are talking about is not dead as well."

Violet immediately stiffened, her breathing becoming shaky as her contempt and anguish intensified. She couldn't accept the possibility of Y/n being dead. No way, she wouldn't. Not seeing her again seemed like torment, and she was not willing to let that be the case.

"What did you say?" Violet uttered, taking a step toward Count Olaf. Duncan, Isadora, and Klaus latched onto Violet's arms, holding her back from lashing out at him. Even Sunny tried to stop her.

"You're bluffing!" Duncan shouted. Tears brimmed in Violet's eyes, but she suppressed them, refusing to give Count Olaf some satisfaction in seeing her break down.

"As you can see, the children are pointing fingers at me because they are the murderers!" Count Olaf lied, earning another round of gasps from the public. "I have evidence!" The villain swiftly swiped the jail's blueprints Klaus had in his coat, displaying them to everyone. "The children used this to find a weak space in the wall, so they could use..." One of his henchmen wheeled inside their invention, confusion clustering on everyone's face. "Uh, what is that thing?"

"A mechanical device!" Esme gasped, holding her hand against her chest as if to stop her heart from bursting out. "They used it to sneak into the jail and kill Jacques!"

"Jacques?" Mr. Poe questioned.

"Um, it's my nickname for the handsome Count Olaf." Esme lied.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly call him handsome." one villager commented.

"Hey! From what I heard, Count Olaf was real good with the chicks!" Count Olaf asserted, snapping his fingers to maintain his cover.

"Anyway, they killed him?" a man asked, ignoring Count Olaf's previous statement.

"Indeed." Count Olaf nodded.

"He is lying!" Klaus argued.

"So these items recovered are not yours?" the Council of Elders asked.

"Yes, they are, but we aren't murderers!" Isadora disputed.

"For once, the annoying twin is right! These four aren't the murderers! They are accomplices." Count Olaf said.

"Accomplice means 'helper of murderers.'" Mr. Poe interrupted, thinking the Baudelaires and Quagmires didn't understand what they were being accused of.

Klaus snapped, "We know what accomplice means!"

"What is he even talking about?" a villager asked.

"I'm talking about the tooth marks on Count Olaf's body. I can only think of one person so ungroovy as to bite someone to death." Count Olaf pointed his finger to Sunny, a smirk creeping up on the edges of his chapped mouth."Sunny Baudelaire!"

"Okay, I'll admit her teeth are unusually sharp, but-" Mr. Poe affirmed.

"She is a killer!" Count Olaf argued.