55"

James and Alya sat together on the sofa, watching the flashing and twinkling Christmas lights outside shimmer as their own Christmas tree glimmered beside them

They were wrapped up in a patchwork woven blanket together, a cup of tea in Alya's hands keeping them warm as James rested his head on Alya's shoulder.

Suzanna had gone to bed early claiming she was shattered from her earlier shift at the bar.

Alya turned her head to study James, "you know, I'm proud of you" she whispered

James sat up straight and looked at her quizzically

"What do you mean?" He asked taking her hand and fiddling with the rings that laid on her fingers

"I don't know" she shrugged, "I just feel so proud of you for everything. You're such a good head boy, such a good Quidditch captain and player, such a good friend and person... you're just doing so amazing, and I know, people tell you that you're amazing all the time and everything" Alya waved, "but... I really do mean it, i am in awe of you James. And I don't think I tell you enough"

James' faced softened as a gentle warm smile pulled across his lips. His eyes reflected the Christmas lights while his black curls stuck up in every direction. He'd rolled up the sleeves of his Chucky knitted jumper and wore his reading glasses that he claimed he hated.

"And I know you said on the train that we weren't dating" Alya continued nervously, "but I... I don't know I... I wouldn't mind giving it a go"

"You never fail to amaze me Alys" he said cupping her face, "never. From the first day I met you to this very second, I don't think I've never not been so fully consumed by you" he laughed lightly, his nose a little red at the end and his rectangular glasses smudged and crooked on his face.

He traced her cheeks with his finger, connecting the little freckles and marks that were scattered across her face.

Alya had been waiting for James to just kiss her forever, and he finally did.

Connecting their lips James kissed her slowly, so gentle and tender it was almost undetectable.

But it was there.

He tasted the tea Alya was drinking and got to run his hands through her hair that smelt of that cherry shampoo.

Alya wound her arms around his neck, pulling him closer making him kiss her more forcefully.

She kissed him back with the same strength and emotion smiling against him.

James couldn't help but smile back, feeling Alya smile.

Alya pulled him even closer to her making her fall back into the sofa and James fall above her.

They both laughed against each other, not even taking a break to breathe.

Alya ran her hand down James' chest, slipping it under the material and feeling his muscles contract under her delicate touch, making him
breathe heavily into her mouth.

"God Alys" he groaned, pressing his forehead to hers, "you're going to be the death of me one day, you know that?"

"Yeah" she laughed against the skin on his neck, "I know"

He shook his head before placing quick short kisses all the way from her lips to her cheekbones, to her nose, to her forehead, to her eyebrow, to her ear, to her jaw and to her neck- each brush tickling her skin.

Alya placed a hand on his chest, gently pushing him back so he was sitting upwards.

James looked at her strangely before she got up and straddled his hips, winding her arms around his neck before embracing him tightly, burying her head into his chest. James smiled lovingly, resting his chin on her head, breathing in the Christmassy smell of the flat, occasionally kissing her knuckle of the hand he'd clasped within his own.

"I hope you're not missing home too much" Alya said, her voice muffled into his chest, "I know you love your family"

"I couldn't be having a better Christmas Alys" he replied, "I'm perfect right here"

———————————————————————————
A/N

No stop because I'm lonely