• 2

chapter 2

chapter 2.

"oh great, another baker. that's just what we need right now." monty said looking at the girl.  "is she gonna kill herself and blame and it on everyone else too?" he continued making avery look at him. "i'm nothing like my sister, trust me i'm way more fun." hailee reassured monty only just to receive a snarky comment in return. "for once in your life, shut up monty." she spoke, turning back to look at clay.

clay was too focused on hailee to notice the girl trying to comfort him. "seems like he's already thinking about leaving you avery, im always available." monty let out also noticing how clay was looking at the girl. "jesus shut up monty! avery are you okay?" jessica asked as she rubbed the girls' shoulder. "yeah i need some water i'll be right back."

avery got up out her seat and walked out of the classroom, not paying attention to where she was going she ran into someone. she almost fell backwards until the person caught her. looking up she saw justin standing in front of her. "why're you moving so fast?" he asked her smiling. "sorry i just felt a little lightheaded." "i can walk with you to the nurse if you want." "you have class." "i was skipping anyways." justin explained as he started walking.

☀︎︎

everyone were seating at the lunch table while clay was looking around. "have you all seen avery?" he asked making everyone turn their heads to stare at him. "she wasn't feeling so good, maybe she went home early." jessica added trying to make clay seem less worried. clay was about to shake his head in agreement until he saw avery and justin walk in side by side. "she seems fine to me." clay told jess making her look at avery and justin.

before justin and avery made their way to the table, hailee came and sat by clay. everyone turned to look at her as she smiled and waved. "i guess this means im apart of the group now huh?" hailee asked just as avery and justin made their way to the table and sat down. jessica glanced at justin for a second before looking back over to avery.

"what group?" alex asked making avery smirk. "you know, the thirteen reasons tapes.. i also got a tape." hailee confessed leaving the others at the table speechless. "but we didn't see your tape in any of our copies." clay added looking concerned. "yeah well i guess i got a special addition huh?" hailee got up from her seat as she grabbed her tray.

"hannah was really in love with you clay, and you we're definitely in love with her." hailee looked at avery before turning back to clay. "now excuse me, i need to fine bryce." "um hailee, if you listened to all the tapes maybe you shouldn't be by bryce, plus all of us still have to deal with the trial in two weeks, this will probably just add more bullshit to the case." zach finally said. "yeah well i can handle a rapist, i came back for a reason.. ill see you all at the trial." hailee spoke before walking away.