Part 4: Feelings of Vengance

Start from the beginning

I clenched my fists harder, making my hands burn.

Apollyon: "I see what you mean by wanting to shield the weak from what you described"

Apollyon went to my other shoulder and did the same with her right hand as she did with her left hand.

Apollyon: "But what made you strong, what made you a man, was what you had witnessed all those years ago"

"What?"

Apollyon: "You're strong because you learned from your village. Your village was raided because it and the ones defending it were weak. The strong, in your case the vikings, took the opportunity to destroy the weak to take supplies in order to survive"

I felt a dark feeling in my heart.

Apollyon: "Am I wrong, Jürgen?"

I turned my head to hers and spoke.

"I... suppose not..."

Apollyon: "You're a wolf because you are strong. You are strong because you learned from a first hand experience like myself. My family suffered the same fate as yours when I was just a child"

"I'm sorry for yo-"

Apollyon: "Don't be sorry. I don't need anymore pity from anyone"

She went to her black throne and sat down.

Apollyon: "Come here Jürgen. I want to tell you my story since you told me yours"

I went to the front of the throne and stood silently.

Apollyon: "I was raised in a small village much like yours. We were all farmers. During the spring and summer we would plant and harvest the wheat. We were only a short distance away from the Ashfeld, Valkenheim border"

Apollyon put one leg over the other and spoke.

Apollyon: "One day a Lawbringer  came to my village. He told us about a large viking attack force that was coming for our village. In his warning message he told us we were weak and undeserving of protection. He said that we should seek refuge elsewhere. We all thought he was crazy. But when the attack came there was no help. The Iron Legion abandoned us. My family was raped. They were slaughtered like street dogs. I was the only one who survived. As I got older I hopped from village to village, joining gangs to steal money and food. When I was about the age you are now I trained to be a Warden and believe it or not I passed the training. I took up the mantle of chivalry. While I was a Warden I saw what it was like to shield the weak from the dangers of the world. But over time I began to realize something"

She looked into my eyes.

Apollyon: "We weren't shielding them from the dangers of the world. We were fattening them up like sheep. Sheep who were waiting for slaughter. So I dropped the code and forged my own path. Myself and fourteen others formed the Blackstone Legion. Myself and seven others wished to be the warlord of this legion. As you can see, I'm the last one standing"

"What happened to the Lawbringer? Just curious"

Apollyon: "I dragged the decrepid bastard out of his shit hole of a home and publicly executed him"