Chapter Twenty-One

"But you're only six months," Sam said. "It's time!" Nora said. Sam got up and ran to Axl and Everly's room. He flicked on the lights to wake them up. "Wake up! Nora's going to have Delilah we have to hurry!" Sam said. They all got dressed and Sam grabbed the diaper bag they packed with clothes for Delilah. Including her coming home outfit that was a pink dress with a black ribbon around the waist. Including a black bow. 

They all quickly ran out the door. Sam helped Nora into the car. "It'll be alright, Nora, just breathe," Sam said. Nora squeezed Sam's hand and laid against his chest. "Hurry!" Sam shouted. "I'm trying!" Axl said. 

They finally made it to the hospital and Sam and Nora were escorted to a room. They gave Nora some pain medicine and some painful minutes later, Delilah was born. She was cleaned up and placed on Nora's chest. At first, the doctors looked confused. Delilah obviously didn't have Sam's tan skin. But what was the doctor supposed to say? Congrats, the baby's white are you sure it's yours? But they soon transported them to another room. 

Sam sat beside Nora holding Delilah in his arms. "She's so perfect," Sam said. Nora reached up to stroke Delilah's head. "She sure is," Nora said. Meegan, Slash, Everly, and Axl walked in. "Aw she's so small," Meegan said. Delilah looked at the four people with big blue eyes. They all took turns holding Delilah until it was time they had to go. 

Nora looked at her baby who was in the see-through crib beside her as she fell asleep. 

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Sam groaned as Delilah started crying. "I'll get her," Sam said. Nora sat up as she watched Sam walk across the room to scoop up Delilah. She stopped crying. He crawled back into bed with Delilah in his arms. "She just wants to be with us," Sam said. Nora smiled. "Sweet Delilah," she said. 

As Sam slipped off to sleep with his arm around Delilah's small body, Nora couldn't help but think how did she get so lucky. She was adopted by Axl Rose, she had the best mother in the world. And now she got to sleep beside a wonderful boyfriend and a sweet baby. 

Axl was thinking the same thing as he lay beside Everly who was asleep. He was blessed with wonderful friends, great siblings, an amazing wife, and a beautiful daughter. And now he had a granddaughter. His life went from terrible, to great, to amazing. Whatever happened he knew he'll always have his friends and family by his side. 

THE END