Day | Prologue

Trigger Warnings: Descriptions of torture and violence. Continue reading with caution<3

 Continue reading with caution<3

This isn't right.

The boys are dead. The pain done to me was nothing compared to the actual pain of watching the four men closest to me die.

What was once thought to be the butterfly effect for the greatest blessings in our lives, was revealed to be the domino effect for a chain reaction of the worst consequences for man. I should've known that butterflies wouldn't dare flutter in a world so tainted that's mine.

Everything we gained meant nothing because all we wanted was more. We foolishly took and took until life knocked us off our feet and threw us inside this warehouse.

The concept of time was left behind with the rest of our belongings when we got kidnapped. The bland walls of this warehouse would meet my eyes sometimes and other times, it would be pitch dark while the sun slept.

Pieces of my soul have been taken from me as I watched my friends take their last breath, their last blink before their bodies were frozen. Alive for the last minute and the next minute, they are gone, meanwhile I'm forced to proceed hanging here.

Thick cuffs were trapped around my wrists, connecting me to the chains that dangled from the roof. My hands were stretched above my head, the rest of me dangling onto the ground. My feet have never fully been planted on the wet floor, only the occasional brush of my toes since he couldn't spare me that mercy. Vide.

The long strands at the base of my head stick to the nape of my neck, the top of my back and my shoulders. I was doused in sweat and blood for days long, occasionally being hosed down with frosted water.
My head hangs between my shoulders. My eyebrow felt thick and heavy above my eyes, dried blood coating them. Fresh blood from this morning's cuts on my chest from another helpless beating drips down my chest, over the metal pierced through both of my nipples.

Almost the same way blood splattered on the ring through Zayn's nose while he choked on his own blood. My eyes fluttered shut tightly, my hands wrapping around the chains, clenching them while my head shook to rid the awful reminder from my mind. I slowly opened my eyes and hesitantly dragged them to the four bodies.

Bodies, dead bodies but just a little while ago, there were my brothers. Images of them smiling and laughing, us together doing the stupidest of shit torturing me as they skipped through my mind.

I looked at them and I wondered- what have I done?

I keep hearing the loud screams, the high pitches making my ears bleed. Niall promised to me," It's okay, Harry. It's-" right before his own life was taken from him.

"Harry!" Liam's shouts of my name before he was gone too follow right after. Grief and pain were the last two emotions felt by the four men surrounding me and that's the worst request to be ever placed upon someone. And it was all my fault.