Chapter 1

Oh the wonderful smell of the ocean as it comes rushing towards the shore. I love the feeling of the wind breezing over my body as I lay in the sand and the sky is beautiful through my dark sunglasses. I could lay here all day. I've always loved the ocean every since I was a small boy living on the coast in California. My mom and I would go down to the beach at least once a week if the weather was fair. I've really missed this.

I was lost in thought when suddenly a Frisbee hits my bare chest, "Ow!" I exclaim as my best friend Derek comes running towards me.

"Ah come on Trent. You've been laying there all day get up and join the fun!" I gave in and stood up to throw the frizbe back at him. I stretched out my long tan arm as a preparation and pulled back sending it off. It was a good throw, I saw Derek's tall figure in the distance trying to catch it but the wind caught it. This sent Derek flying as he used his powerful legs to jump for it. He then caught the Frisbee in mid air. After he was done I could see some girls were gawking at him. That always seemed to happen with him.

Not much really happened after this so we decided to go back to our hotel. This was our last night here and the thought of leaving felt like rocks weighing me down as I walked off the beach. I mean I love the ocean and the breeze so much I don't want spring break to end but like every college student I must climb the ever so steep hill to success.

~

I had been in my little space of the condo like hotel room not really paying attention when suddenly loud rock music started blaring from living room part of our condo like hotel room. After a bit I finally got out of bed to see what was going on. When I walked into the living room Derek, Shane, and Andrew were sitting with beers in their hands, "Happy 21st Birthday Bro!" They said in unison. Well it wasn't really my birthday, it wasn't for a few days but I think this was the perfect time to celebrate it. The last haza one might say.

I take a beer and causally drink it. After awhile my friends were drunk and rowdy. Unfortunately I just wasn't feeling it tonight so I put on my shoes and stated waking down to the beach. It was about a half of a mile from our hotel and the walk was nice. Up in the sky hung a full moon which lit my path as I walked.

Once I got to the beach I was in awe. I have never seen the ocean at night and the way the full moon shone off of the water was absolutely astonishing. I took off my shoes and ran straight for the water. It was cold on my bare feet but I loved it. All of this wasn't enough to satisfy my love for the ocean. Without much thought I took off my shirt and tossed it aside. I went deeper and deeper into the water till it was about as high as my chest. Then I stood there. I felt like this was were I belonged, my little piece of heaven.

Well that was until a huge wave came crashing down on me.....

Hey thanks for reading!! I know I'm not the best at writing but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say so drop a comment if you want to. It'll take me some time to write more with college in all so hang on I guess lol