"What is it?" She asked, smiling at the memory.

Will's smile began to fade away, suddenly looking unsure as to ask his question. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

Catherine froze, her mind thinking about last night.

"I don't think so. Why do you ask?" She asked calmly, placing the napkin with the last piece of the scone on her lap.

"I don't know I just...something seems different." He studied her face. "Correct me if I'm wrong here but...do you have any sort of...attraction towards Jack."

Shit.

Catherine laughed as if his words were the stupidest thing to grace his lips. "Oh come on, Will, why would I be attracted to someone as veil, and vexing as Jack?"

"He challenges you. Doesn't undermine you. He's...you just seem different with him." Catherine gave him a deep glare, making him raise his eyebrows and grin. "You can still hate someone and still be attracted to them."

"Where are you getting this idea from?"

Will looked at her as if she wasn't serious. "Okay how about the banter?"

"I have banter with everyone."

"What about your constant need to remind the world you hate him?"

"I'm very vocal with my opinions of people." Catherine shrugged.

"How about the moment I walk on with you two sailing the ship?"

"He was teaching me to sail, I'd prefer someone to give hands on with me to do that." This was entirely true. If Jack didn't do what he did, she probably would have sailed to somewhere entirely different.

"What about when you admitted he was handsome?"

Catherine scoffed, "I've only admitted it a few times—" She froze, looking at her best friend with a smug look on his face. "I've never said that to you."

"You didn't have too, I could read your thoughts clear as day." Will grinned, feeling proud for beating Catherine for once.

That last bit took her by surprise.  She let out a soft, surprised noise. "Well I guess you're not as much of an oblivious simpleton as I thought."

Will rolled his eyes, raising to his feet. He patted her head, walking to the door. "I may be oblivious to most things, but when I see something that is affecting you, I take notice." He opened the door. "Who would have thought that I would live to see the day that Catherine Bailey finds someone attractive?"

"And if I do?" It wasn't a confession or a confirmation, it was a simple 'what if' question.

Will stood in the doorway, looking back at her. "Catherine, you're my best friend, someone I love deeply. It's okay to admit it, if it is true. I would never judge you, I also won't push you to admit something that you don't even know for certain. I just want you to be happy. I always want what's best for you," a smirk grew on his face, "even if he's all like," Will held up his hands, twitching his fingers, making a crazy face to mock Jack.

Catherine laughed so hard she snorted, shaking her head. "Fine. I do find him handsome. But that's it, nothing else. I would never be with someone like him; he's just a pretty face to look at and nothing more."

Will offered her a soft smile. "Like I said, I would never judge you."

Nodding, Catherine felt her anxious gut begin to melt away. Will always had her back, always supported her on everything, sometimes he was the only person who did so. But this felt a little strange, admitting she found a man attractive. Part of her wondered if that's what kept her tossing and turning, her mind wanted her to just admit she found Jack handsome.