Expect the Unexpected

1. I'll be reviewing at least 5 chapters of your book (Exception: Short stories - 7 chapters) - Prologues and characters bits won't be counted!

**If I read more, this will be a personal decision because I genuinely found it interesting and wanted to continue.**

2. You will be reviewed on: 

- Grammar/Spelling: 5 points 

(more than telling you each and every mistake you made, because I probably will miss them, I'm looking to see how many there are, how it affects my reading experience and such). 

- Plot Development: 10 points  

(Pace of the story, excess fat/information dump) 

- Characters: 10 points 

(how you describe/introduce them, their interaction) 

**If there is something else you would like me to look into that I didn't list here, let me know by PM.**

3. Votes/Comments 

- I'll vote on your chapters so that you know I've read them. 

- Comments: Unless it's a technical writing suggestion, I'm going to TRY and comment on each chapter something I found funny/liked/relatable 

4. Reading list 

- I will add your book to my reading list "Currently Reading," and may/may not move it/add it to another one if I really enjoyed it. 

- When your book is in my  "Currently Reading" RL, that means it's being reviewed. 

5. PMs

Before I post your review, I will be giving you a heads up via personal messages when it's done. This is a chance for writers to think about whether or not they want their review to be public or not. Sometimes, reviews with low scores/ or reviews that didn't go as planned may deter a writer from having it posted publicly (and I get it, you might feel uncomfortable, embarrassed etc. - Been there, done that).  I understand the nerves that may come with submitting your book to be reviewed, so to help ease those nerves, I'm trying this method out.  

6. Accepted Entries

Besides the reading list, you will know that your entry has been accepted when I add you to the waiting list and respond to your PM. 

7. Duration/How long it'll Take

Based on how many entries I get, it should be about 4-5 days. However, if my waiting room fills up, then each review will be weekly (Sorry about that, but I have a very active virtual life despite COVID, with school, work, EC and more).