chapter twenty-seven: pepper's boyfriend-part one

Magsimula sa umpisa

'has it really been that long? feels like yesterday i tried to murder her with my precious knives' He thought, reminiscing.

"I look so hot right now."

"Rory-"

"I mean seriously, how are you controlling yourself? I look absolutely delectable."

"Rory-"

"Just look at this dress! Ugh, I am so gay for myself."

"Aurora!"

"Jeez, Nat, no need to yell." Aurora rolled her eyes, finally looking away from her reflection to stare at her best friend. "What is it?"

"I think I love Steve." Nat blurted.

Aurora was stunned for a second before grinning and wrapping Nat in a tight hug.

"Oh, my baby's in love!" She squealed, grinning like a manic (and if you ask, no she definitely wasn't tearing up a little).

"I'm older than you."

"Don't ruin the moment."

"Ladies, I don't mean to interrupt but Mister Stark said, and I quote, 'tell Romanoff and armadillo to hurry their time-taking asses up before I uninvite them'." Jarvis interrupted.

The two were getting ready for Tony's party in Nat's room at the Avengers tower seeing as Steve and Bucky were getting ready at Nat's apartment (Rory refused to let them go to hers, something about 'too much testosterone will infect my precious Josie and ruin the vibes of my beautiful apartment').

"Jarvis, you tell him that he's lucky I like Bucky-"

"Hey that rhymes!"

"-or I would steal his girl in a heartbeat." Aurora said, smiling up at the ceiling as if Jarvis could see her.

There was silence for a second before Jarvis said, "Mister Stark asked me to tell you 'I'm not going to argue with that because Pepper talks about you more than it is socially acceptable for a woman with a billionaire boyfriend. But hurry up.'"

Aurora grinned.

"Pep loves me."

"So does Buck-"

"Okay, let's go!" She interrupted, grabbing Natasha's hand and dragging her out of the room.

"Do think Rory's gonna wear a green dress? Not like a bright green, but the pretty dark green that reminds her of the forest. It's her favourite colour and I think it really suits her. Or maybe she'll wear something grey to bring out her eyes. Oh, but she likes sage too and-"

"Bucky." Sam interrupted, placing his hand on the man's suit-clad shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Sam! Leave Buck alone." Bucky smiled in appreciation. "He's in love." Steve smiled, not a hint of teasing in his voice. Bucky frowned, cheeks pink.

"But he has that creepy, dreamy look in his eyes while talking about my therapy buddy and I don't like it!" Sam whined, taking a sip of his alcohol (which Steve was very temped to take away).