chapter four: no choice

"Rory... What the fuck is that?"

Everything was muffled- she couldn't make out any words, her ears were ringing and her chest began to ache as she focused on her powers. Focused on the the unfamiliar feeling of power burning her veins, travelling down her arms to her wrists and into her hands. It burned so much, her mind begging her to stop, to give up, run away and never look back.

But she pushed.

She pushed because she could see how worn out Natasha was getting, how Clint was running out of arrows and how Steve was surrounded.

She kept repeating the words in her head as the pressure built up in her chest and hands.

'There is no choice.'

So she let go.

And it was chaos.

An emerald green mist shot out of hands and flew across the room knocking down everyone in her sight.

She began swirling her hands, circling them around each other, until a small green orb of flames appeared between them.

She swirled her hands faster, concentrating hard on the feeling of power flowing through her veins, creating a bigger ball until it became too much and she pushed it away from her body, aiming at the HYDRA agents that just kept coming. But she didn't stop there, she continued to push through the pain and green smoke began pouring out of her palms, floating around the room before it stopped before its targets.

The HYDRA agents stood, mouths agape staring frozen ar the smoke, not noticing the flames behind them until it hit them. And they all fell, screaming and writhing in pain as the flames burned them from the inside out and from the outside in.

The smoke, once again on the move, circled around their heads before going into their airways- knocking them out immediately, the fire still engulfing their unconscious bodies, burning their skin to a crisp. The smell of charred flesh filling the room until their corpses were nothing but a pile ashes.

Then everything was still. The silence almost deafening.

The three other agents- Steve, Nat and Clint- all turned to face her. Unreadable looks on their faces.

She could practically feel their judging stares burning holes into the side of head. Looking at her like she was nothing but a freak. Their voices ringing inside of her head, though they didn't speak a word.

'You're nothing but a freak, Aurora.'

'I trusted you, Rory.'

'You killed them. You're nothing but a cold blooded murderer.'

She couldn't take it anymore.

So she did what she always did in situations like these.

She ran.

She ran and she never once looked back.

fun😃

aurora and bucky are meeting soon ahhhh

i also made this because why the heck not.

i hope it helps visualise rory's powers and just her aesthetic thingy