𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

"I'll be there," I returned the smile, trying to ignore the thoughts circling my mind.

~~~

Tonight was Professor Slughorn's 'famous' student dinners. Gia joined Harry, Hermione and I for the supper, leaving Ron and Scarlett in the common room.

"What do you suppose this will be like?" I asked, grimacing.

"Oh come on Abby, it can't be that bad!" Hermione reassured me.

We entered the room where the dinner was held and each took a seat at the round table. I saw some familiar faces around me including Neville, Blaise Zabini and unfortunately Cormac McLaggen. The chair next to me was left empty and I wondered who would be filling it.

Slughorn took turns questioning every student about their family lives. His eyes landed on me, "Tell us about your family, Ms Weasley."

"I'm afraid Professor there's not much interesting to say. My dad works for the Ministry in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts office. My Mum doesn't work but I guess her full time job is taking care of all her kids."

Blaise stared at me questioningly. I further explained, "I have 6 brothers and a sister so we're a big family."

"On the contrary, Ms Weasley. That it quite fascinating. I remember teaching your eldest brother Bill. Charing boy. Be sure to send him my regards."

"Of course, Professor," I nodded.

"Now what about you, Ms Granger? What is it exactly your parents do in the muggle world?" Slughorn picked his next victim as Hermione and I continued to enjoy the dessert in front of me.

Hermione laid her spoon down, "My parents are dentists."

"What's a dentist?" I asked the question everyone at the table was thinking. Well except Harry I'm sure. Maybe Gia's dad explained to her what dentists are considering he's a muggle-born and she didn't seem confused my Hermione's parent's occupation.

"They attend to people's teeth," She explained.

"Fascinating!" Slughorn exclaimed. "And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No," Hermione replied. She smiled, "Although one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches!"

I politely chuckled but on the inside I was terrified at the thought of a muggle child biting my hand.

No one else at the table said a word until the door of the room creaked open loudly. Inside came my sister dressed beautifully in a black sparkly dress.

"Ah! The other Ms Weasley! Come in, come in!" Slughorn greeted Ginny.

When she came closer, I noticed the expression on her face.

"Look at her eyes," I sighed.

Harry looked at me confused.

Hermione whispered, "They've been fighting again, her and Dean."

I felt sorry for my sister, she looked miserable.

Harry for some reason, stood up when Ginny approached the table.

"Sorry I'm not usually late," Ginny apologized.

"Liar," I coughed quietly and winked at her. I received a few laughs from the table.

Ginny sat in the empty chair beside me. I leaned towards her, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming tonight? More importantly, are you okay?"

"I thought you knew," She whispered back. "Don't worry, everything's fine. Just another fight with Dean."

I kept quiet until the dinner ended and Slughorn finally excused us.

"That wasn't so bad," Hermione said to me as we left. I linked my arm with Ginny's.

"Speak for yourself," I snorted. "Kill me if I have to attend another supper with Marcus Belby."

"We actually have a Christmas party approaching soon and we're supposed to bring someone," Gia informed me and I face palmed.

Now I need to find a date for the party.

                          ~~~

The day of the chaser trials arrived and I was anxious beyond words.

After a few rounds of previously known Quidditch plays, the contenders were down to Dean and I.

"Final match," Harry explained. "You will each play a practice match with the team. Whoever copes better with the speed of the team has the spot. Up you go!"

"Good luck," Dean and I chorused but it didn't seem like either of us meant it.

We both ascended in the air but I flew to the side so Dean could play his match with the team. I took mental notes in my head about the different maneuvers.

Channeling my inner Charlie, I joined Ginny and Demelza on the field. I played my heart out and managed to score a whopping 80 points. Although I have a feeling, Ron was biased in his job as keeper.

We all landed on the ground and waited for Harry to speak.

"I've made my decision," Harry confirmed. "Our new chaser will be Abby Weasley. Well done, Abby!"

Cheers surrounded me from the entire team and I pounded my fist in the air with joy.

I turned to Dean and saw that he looked upset, "Well done, Ab. You deserved the position."

I embraced him, "Thank you, Dean! I couldn't have done it without your competition."