𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

The image of the dark mark felt permanently attached to my mind.

"It's going to be okay," I whispered, letting my eyes dart all across the room.

"It's going to be okay," I repeated, trying to convince myself.

~~~

I bumped into Dumbledore on my way to the Great Hall.

"Ms Weasley is everything alright? You seem perturbed," Dumbledore asked, concerned.

I hesitated for a moment before answering, "Yes, Professor. I witnessed everything that happened with Katie."

"I see," Dumbledore sighed. "Well Ms Bell will be attended to by Madam Pomfrey, not to worry. I hope you still had a joyful Hogsmeade trip."

"Yes, thank you Professor," I smiled.

"Now let's make our way to lunch. I'm hoping to get to the chocolate pudding before Hagrid does," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled and he gestured towards the Great Hall.

While walking, Dumbledore whispered, "Are you aware your shirt is damp?"

My eyes widen and I stared at my shirt, "Yes, sir. I was just in the loo and splashed water on myself."

Dumbledore didn't answer and patted my back before walking towards the professor's table.

I sat at the Gryffindor table alone until a group of students entered the Great Hall, all fresh and smiling from Hogsmeade. Many holding packets from Zonko's or Honeyduke's. Scarlett and Gia were among them.

Scarlett and Gia sat beside me. Gia asked, "Where did you disappear to?"

"I needed to clear my head after Katie," I admitted.

"You saw what happened?" Scarlett gasped. "We were behind you and missed everything."

"Yeah it was pretty startling," I nodded. "Professor Dumbledore said she's going to be okay."

"On the bright side," Scarlett cracked a smile. "It seems like there's a position open for chaser on the team."

Gia scolded Scarlett by elbowing her in her stomach, "Scarlett! What an awful thing to say."

"You can't say I'm wrong," Scarlett winked and started to fill her plate.

A position on the Gryffindor quidditch team. A chaser specifically. My dream. Could I finally have a chance?

My mind flashed me the image of the Dark Mark. I swallowed my food quickly and stared at my plate as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. What am I going to do about Draco?

I don't know what he has planned and how I can even stop him. Worst of all, I can't tell anyone what I know.

"Hi guys," I looked up from my plate to see Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"We were looking for you, Ab," Ron explained. "McGonagall called us in to talk about what happened to Katie."

"Well what did you tell her?" I asked.

"I told her it was Malfoy," Harry sneered at the name.

"You what?" I gasped. "Harry we didn't even see Malfoy near Katie."

"McGonagall wouldn't listen anyway without proof," Harry sighed.

Harry's suspicions of Draco seems to be complicating things further for me.

"Also Ab, I'm going to host further trials soon for the chaser position while Katie is out, if you're interested," Harry informed me with a small smile.