Chapter 40: Celebrity Crush

ابدأ من البداية

"Just some business stuff." She wave dismissively.

I should have let it go but I couldn't.

"I think he is being too touchy and flirty in the elevator." I blurt out.

She raised her eyebrow and didn't find my tone amusing or nice.

"What are you insinuating?" She asked feeling a bit offended.

She walk towards her desk and sat on her chair.

"I just.." I paused thinking of what to say.

"Just what?" She asked seriously.

"I don't think it was professional." I finally said.

She stood up and walk slowly towards me.

I was just staring at her blankly.

"I don't know what you exactly saw on the elevator but Steve and I.. we were just talking about some future deals. Besides, even if he was to flirt.. I don't think there is anything wrong with that." She said while she was standing face to face from me

"And what about Oli?" I asked feeling displeased with her answer.

She stare at me in confusion and then she started to laugh.

"Oli? Wait.. perhaps, you still think I'm dating your brother?" She asked.

Her voice soften.

"Aren't you?" I asked unsure.

She playfully pushed me back.

"No.. we already broke up. Don't get me wrong.. we are still friends. But that's all we are now. I'm currently single." She said while making soft giggles.

I still am a bit confused.

My mom had mentioned that Oli followed her in Europe and they have gotten back together.

"But I thought.. you guys are, didn't he follow you in Europe and you guys reconnect again?" I inquire.

She held my arm and push me gently to sit on her couch.

"We did. I'm so grateful for him. He was very kind and thoughtful. Not to mention, very handsome too. We got to know each other again. I was told we were together before and I tried to give it another chance. But in the end, we decided to be just friends. I don't think he's the guy for me. I mean no offense but.. we were better off friends." She explained.

"Oh.." I replied shortly while processing this new information.

"Didn't Oli mentioned that?" She asked.

Oli and I never never really share stuff with each other. I barely talked to him.

I shook my head.

She chuckled softly.

"Well, now you know.. we finally clear the misunderstanding so I hope you stop grilling on me."