CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: Serious Matters

Start from the beginning

"Tony, enough," Steve said, his voice was still gentle but serious.

"Tony, we-" Before Bucky could continue, Ivana stopped her. "Am I selfish to you, Mr. Stark?" Ivana asked him. "Yeah." Tony did not hesitate to answer. Ivana nodded.

The other Avengers were worried about what's going to happen next.

"You knew if you did not come, we will lose! You knew it!" Tony raged. "You knew about this and you let, us, lose. Why, Ivana? Because you still love Loki." He continued.

Ivana chuckled and shrugged. "What do you expect then, Mr. Stark? He has been my lover for years. Do you think I can easily forget all the good things in him? Do you think I can do that? What happens if you put Pepper in the same situation? You think you can easily bring her down if she becomes a villain?" Ivana asked him.

"Do not bring Pepper in this situation, Ivana." He said. "God, you're so frustrating." Tony sighed.

Ivana was mad but she didn't want to shout. She was exhausted from all the rescuing in Alixir just now.

"You're done. You don't need to join us to fight Loki. We're going to Loki's place later. This time, with a larger army. Wakanda will be with us. So does Dr. Strange and the others." Tony said.

"Great." She smiled before leaving the living room just like that.

"I AM NOT FINISHED!" Tony shouted but Ivana ignored him.

The other Avengers were both worried and upset about this situation. Bucky, especially.

"Where were you guys, actually, Bucky?" Tony asked Bucky. Bucky sighed.

"We went back to Alixir. 28 realms were destroyed by Loki. Ivana's family was also taken away by Loki. We had to do a rescue. There were still people alive and needed treatment. Even though she does not live there, she is still one of Alixir. She is a royal member and she felt guilty for not being there when the battle was ongoing."

The other Avengers were breathing heavily.

"All 28 realms?" Thor who just arrived questioned.

"Yeah," Bucky replied. "That was where you guys were?" Steve asked. Bucky nodded.

"We sent a message from our jet to your jet, hoping that you will see because we were most of the time out of the jet. Alixir was in a bad situation. I don't blame Ivana for staying. Because that is what all of us should do. Rescuing and not only fight. The aftermath of a battle traumatized a lot of creatures including humans too."

Ivana was had mixed feelings about this upcoming battle. She was anxious and nervous. She does not know what will come ahead. She was also worried. Both for Loki and the Avengers.

Friday had noticed her that the Avengers are preparing for the battle and T'Challa is downstairs.

Ivana did not want to meet anyone. Wanda wanted to speak with her but she refused to let anyone in her room. Once more, fear overpowers herself. With that, ice once more layered her walls.

While she was on her own in her bedroom, the outside goes darker. It gets darker than usual. When Ivana looked outside the window, she sees a gigantic spaceship. It was not the Avengers' but Loki's.

She quickly stood up and walked out of her bedroom. No one was outside. She quickly took the emergency stairs to go down. She was excited and also anxious. She uses the backdoor to exit the building so she wouldn't be seen by the Avengers.

Sirens were heard in the building, alerting all staff to evacuate the compound except for the Avengers. But, if they wish to retreat, they could also do that. Ivana was standing at the side of the building, peeking from far. The Avengers were already lined up in front of the building.