#1

This oneshot takes place 4 months after the events of The Queen of Nothing, in Judes perspective. Thank you
      "Morning," I hear Cardans smooth voice as I wake up. What happened last night? Oh yeah, Cardan got drunk and almost tried to burn our official marriage documents in the fireplace, claiming that "I couldn't return him if I didn't have the receipt." What a night.
"One more minute." I muttered as I covered my head with a pillow. I hear him walk over. I peek with one eye at him. He's smirking at me. His hair is already into it's smooth black-ness, his cheekbones looking better than ever. His crown topples onto the side of his forehead. He's wearing some mortal clothing. I look up at him, he never wears mortal clothing.
He seems to be wearing a simple gray shirt and some black jeans with a chain on the side.
"Ummm, Cardan?" I say as I flip my head to look at him, officially awake.
"What?" He says still smirking.
"What are you wearing?" I say as he turns around to get me some coffee. Ever since I took him to the mortal world and he found out I liked coffee he's had it delivered to our room every morning.
"Oh this old thing?" He says looking down as if finally acknowledging the clothes that he's wearing.
"We're going to the mortal world today. Like in an hour. I was writing to Vivi. Her and Heather got back together and they invited us over for dinner." He says, handing me my coffee and sitting on our bed.
"You.....agreed?" I said. Cardan doesn't hate the mortal world, but I doubt he exactly thinks fondly of it. He seems mesmerized most of the time I guess.
"Of course! I wanna go to the City-Walk downtown. Vivi told me about the stores there, also I very much want to try cotton candy." He says, giving me his arrogant smile.
"I ummmm...." I don't exactly know what to make of this. "Cotton Candy?" I say looking at him. I never really liked the stuff, way to much sugar.
"Yes, Jude. Cotton Candy. It's supposed to be colorful, fluffy, and have lots of sugar. I'll have Dulcamara alert us if anything happens while we're gone" Cardan says.
"Ok." I say staring at Cardan as he throws me a pair of jeans and a hoodie I got from Target last time we went there.
"This is a wonderful hoodie by the way." Cardan says. His eyes gleam, he's definitely up to something.
"Do you want it?" I respond. A maid comes in and brings a tray of food. Plain toast and wine for Cardan, and a cheese sandwich, orange juice, and a slice of cake from last nights revelry for me. We couldn't be more different.
"It is way to simple for the extravagance of my majestic self." He says as I go into the bathroom to change out of my robe and get ready.
"And what are you wearing?" I call to him before I shut the door, looking at the plain gray t-shirt he was wearing.
            "An extraordinary gown, tailored by the finest mortals and sewn with hints of Eeverapple." He says this dramatically, tugging at the piece of cheap fabric he most likely got from The Dollar Tree when we went "exploring" two months ago.
         I shower very quickly. One has learned how to shower in a mere 10 minutes when one is the High Queen of Elfhame whilst being mortal. I step out of the shower, wearing my pastel pink hoodie and jeans. An outfit that "isn't fit for a queen" according to Tatterfell. My hair is still soaking wet when I hear a crash.
     "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I hear the High Kings' booming voice come from the hall and am shaken by it. I have never heard Cardan in such fury. I run down the hall in my tight jeans, Nightfell in my hand, my crown on top of my soaking wet hair.
       "Cardan!" I yell. Cardan, who is still clad in his mortal clothing, seemed to be shaking. His eyes were black with pure fury and he looked like he was ready to tear down the whole kingdom with his bare hands, which he might actually be able to do.
      A shiver crawls up my spine as my eyes widen. I've never seen Cardan like this. He might be able to hurt the land around him with his fury.
        Cardan doesn't seem to hear me as I continue to yell his name as I run towards him. I finally reach him. He looks at me, but now there's a trace of fear and relief accompanying his rage.
       "Jude." He breathes. He looks at me and suddenly pulls me towards his body. He's still shaking. He wraps his arms around me. I feel the thin fabric on him. He's embracing me, but I'm to shocked to return the affection.
     "Cardan. What happened?" I almost stutter, stepping away from him as he keeps his eyes on me, guards all around us.
       In the hand of one guard seemed to be a young boy. He seemed to be no older than 15. He has twisted fae ears and bluish fingers. He was stunningly handsome and had blond hair. But he was shaking and looked as though he was ready to cry. I want to reach out and ask him what happened.
      "This young boy just told me Arandafae was planning your assassination." I am to stunned to answer.
        Arandafae was a woman fae from the Unseelie court. She was great friends with us. She was very close and always came over for revelries. Only now I see why she wanted to be so close.
        "Oh Jude. I got so scared, when I heard. I'm sorry if I scared you." He's looking at me with a new type of fear, as though he's scared me and I never want to see him again. I look at him, breathing slightly in and out as I walk towards him. I return the embrace.
      "I guess we'll use have to go to Vivi's tomorrow. We have stuff to do, as I can see." Is all I say as I take his hand in mine. It's cold.
      He breathes something that sounds like a rush of relief. I want to wrap my arms around him and him feel okay again. I want to tell him that he shouldn't worry so much about me. I look down at the floor and see large crooks and cracks inching their way on the glass tiles. Cardan managed to damage the land around him.
      I laugh unsteadily and point a finger to the floor. He attempts a humorous smile but just shakes his head after a failed attempt.
      "My Queen. My King. May I please do so as escort you back to your rooms?" A young woman comes up and asks, a guard of mine I suppose. I notice how he says Queen first instead of King.
     "Yes of course, thank you." I shake my head and give Cardans hand a little squeeze and a soft smile at him. His love for me shines bright in his softening eyes. The fact that his rage was of me getting hurt is the only thing that makes me lean my head towards him instead of cowering in fear.
     I lie down on my bed that night as Cardan gets in. Arandafae was to be put in the Tower of the Forgotten. The young boy, Anderson, was to be given a maid for alerting us. Cardan turns towards me and smiles.
    I smile back.
     "My Queen." Cardan says as he sleepily yawns.
      "My King." I reply as I close my eyes, a new day waiting for us tommorow.