Chapter 3 - 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎

Beginne am Anfang

Yeah right. Like that was even possible.

Once he managed to out his thoughts to rest Kenma pushed the rest of the door open and all eyes turned towards him.

Formal much?

"Hey guys." He walked over to the head chair to seat himself and the businessmen in the office continued with their gazes. As if they were waiting for him to address the elephant in the room.

But as far as Kenma was concerned, there's wasn't any. He was on time! Luckily for them he's very mature, so he'll give them the satisfaction of hearing an apology from him.

"Sorry for...being late? I guess?"

╭ ╮

╰ ╯

It was now noon and the meeting and podcast both went well. Kenma had finished up the last of the files that needed to be done this morning and he had about thirty minutes to spare before being bombarded with emails and documents once again. For some reason he had the sudden urge to go back to the Café from yesterday and he didn't know why. After battling with himself he called Hajiiri and walked to the elevator.

"Yes sir?"

"Let's go for a drive Hajiiri." It was just a drive around the corner, that's it, nothing special. Totally normal and not suspicious at all.

"Sure sir."

Kenma walked out of the lobby and Hajiiri opened the car door for him as usual.

"Is there a specific place that you'd like for me to take you?"

"...Around the area you picked me up yesterday?" Kenma's face redenned slightly, not enough for anyone to notice though.

It took them a few minutes to get to the area but once they did Kenma kept his eyes trained on the window. As they passed by the Café, oddly enough, there was Taiyo walking down the sidewalk with the biggest smile on his face.

"I need some air. Can you pull over real quick?" Kenma called out in almost a panic and in an instant Hajiiri stopped the vehicle.

Kenma hopped out of the car without assistance and walked over to Taiyo.

"Taiyo?" He said and the boy turned around excitedly.

"Kenma!!"

The blond smiled as he bent down to his level. "How are you?"

"Good." Taiyo's excitement had yet to die down.

"What are you doing out here all by yourself?" Kenma's tune got a bit more serious.

"Getting mommy more ice-cream." He was proud of himself.

"Did you ask [Y/n] if you could leave the arcade?"

Taiyo looked down at the ground. "N-no.."

"So I'm assuming you didn't ask her if you could borrow some money, did you?" He shook his head and Kenma stood up and held his hand out for him. He took it and kept his head down as they walked.

"You're not in trouble kid. You just need to stay with [Y/n] and try not to wander off so much." Taiyo nodded his head and Kenma opened the arcade door. They both walked in and Taiyo led him to the back where [Y/n] was on the floor cutting open boxes that were filled with old video games.