Chapter 3 - 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎

Start from the beginning

"Goodmorning Mr. Kozume."

"Goodmorning Hiijiri. Do you mind bringing the car upfront please? I'll be down soon."

"Of course sir."

Kenma ended the call and walked towards the elevator of his mansion. Yeah, yeah, he didn't want to buy it, but his investors insisted. It really wasn't his style either. Too much space.

Kenma pushed the buttons and waited for the elevator doors to open.

"Busy today sir?" He heard his maid Katie question. She was American and in her late forties.

"Yupp, like always." Kenma sighed.

"You seem...bothered sir?" She couldn't help but notice.

"By what?" Kenma questioned as she just stared at him.

"I'm not quite sure what it is, but it must be something."

"Nope, it's nothing. You don't know anything Katie." He said as the elevator doors opened. "Old age must be getting to you."

"I know everything sir. May I remind you that I'm American."

Kenma furrowed his eyebrows. "What does Nationality have to do with this?"

She didn't say anything. She just turned around swiftly and walked back into the kitchen. Kenma rolled his eyes as he stepped into the elevator, pushing the bottom button so he could get sent straight to the lobby.

That was weird. But yet again, he should be the last one talking about weird behavior patterns.

The elevator doors opened and he walked straight out. Through his large doubled front doors that were open he could see Hajiiri.

Hajiiri got out and opened the car door for Kenma. Kenma sat down inside and Hiijiri returned back to the front.

"Where heading to headquarters, the usual." Kenma spoke and Hajiiri nodded his head and then proceeded to drive off. After about fifteen minutes they pulled up in front of his building and one of the security guards at the entrance came and opened the doors for Kenma.

Kenma stepped out of the car and walked into the lively decorated building. As expected, the lobby was busy. Young minds hard at work thinking of new concepts.

Kenma walked towards the back of his lobby towards his private elevator. He put his fingerprint on the thumbpad and the doors opened. He walked in and pushed the top floor.

When it opened again he walked out and went straight to his office. His secretary, Bella, was sitting at her desk as she spoke into the phone.

Kenma went into his office and closed the door. As he made himself comfortable inside his office he found himself wandering over to some random painting inside his office. He had no memories of buying it, or asking someone to bring it in.

Despite that, he still admired its beauty and it didn't take long for Bella to put an end to his tranquility by speaking through the intercom.

"You're meeting starts in 5 minutes sir."

Her words broke his train of though and he turned away from the painting to walk outside of his office.

On the other end of the hall was where the meeting would be situated so he made his way over. Everyone seemed to be inside already so he tried discreetly opening the door.

Maybe he could sneak in?

Why was everyone so early anyways? The meeting hadn't started yet, and they were already waiting. If he had known then he would've came even earlier so he could avoid all the unnecessary attention.