"hi!"

"hey..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

♪ chunyoung p.o.v.

"inha university hospital?"

"yes, i believe so." the voice in the phone replied.

"ok, thank you so much."

"no problem."

a sudden beep ended the phone call. for once, having connections was useful.

i wonder if she's ok...

i called for a ride. the driver arrived in less than ten minutes. during the car ride thoughts rushed through my head. i stared out of the car window at the busy city, the scene from the night before played in my mind. the scene of the suitcase password and the contents within the suitcase felt so bittersweet. 

she didn't throw them away...

my eyes closed.

why am i like this... she's the one that hurt you, chunyoung...

the gray-colored car ceiling came into view as i opened my eyes.

she probably had this suitcase saved from then... that's why the password is my birthday...

i touched the black case that sat next to me. 

but...why did she keep the password to my birthday all these years?

thoughts intertwined within my cerebrum. the loud sounds from the booming city faded into the background. instead of dodging the wave of thoughts that would envelop me in silence, i let myself soak in the thoughts. overwhelmed by the years of unauthorized thoughts the ride to incheon went by in a flash and before i knew it, the car halted to a stop.

after thanking the driver, i made ready steps towards the large hospital building which held the person i was looking for. with each step, i persuaded myself that i would get an answer this time. maybe what happened in the past was a misunderstanding, maybe what happened was all an act or maybe, just maybe it wasn't her that said all of those horrible words. 

i will give you one last chance... ahn-mi...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

ji-ho p.o.v.

"so, chunyoung and mi-rae went to the same school?"

"yeah."

sunlight trickled in from the office windows that had their blinds down halfway.  i sighed. 

one problem after another... chunyoung and dan-i, and now, chunyoung and this mi-rae girl.

"anything else?"

"...she's from the ahn family"

my eyes widened and met ju-in's gaze. his tortilla-colored eyes glowed slightly with the dimmed natural light. 

"the ahn family?"

ju-in replied in a low and serious tone, "yes, she's the daughter of ahn jaeyong, founder and ceo of the a.j.y. media company."

"oh?" i smirked.

this is interesting...

ju-in suddenly frowned, "but, something i found weird is that her existence wasn't made known until around four years ago."

"four?" 

"four years ago is about the same time she was suddenly named successor of the a.j.y. company. it is also the time she left for the states." ju-in nodded.