1. The High school of your dreams.

April, The school entrance ceremony. 

I was sitting in my seat n the back of the car, beside Matsuo san as the driver takes me to my new high school.

As far as I was told, I was given this opportunity due to the 'excellent results' I've received in that place. That all doesn't matter to me, I'm not sure what kind of people I'll be meeting or what kind of life lies ahead. All I know is that I'm grateful for it.

I can finally see all those things I've always wondered about. I don't have to give any more of those tests or perform any of those tasks.

In short, I'm free from the responsibilities that I've always had to shoulder till now. I can't help but feel a bit excited due to this. 

"Kiyotaka sama, please take care of yourself there. Also here's a gift from me, I hope you can accept it." Matsuo san said as he held a small box wrapped in gift wrap. 

"Thank you Matsuo san. May I open it?" I asked him for confirmation. 

The high school I'm about to attend- Advanced Nurturing High School is a prestigious high school with a 'no outside contact' policy. It might not be possible for me to take a gift-wrapped present inside the school.

"Of course, please go ahead." Matsuo san said to me with a warm smile on his face.

Matsuo san is my butler and also my first friend. It might not be normal for friends to have such a huge age gap but we both don't mind it and always got along. Matsuo san has been taking care of me for the past few months since I was released from that place. 

He's someone I am truly grateful for. He taught me many important things like how to do my laundry, how to cook food, and many more skills which will be useful for me when I live alone.

These were all things that I was unable to learn about in that place. 

As I carefully take off the gift wrap, trying not to tear it, the box inside becomes visible.

While it might be faster to just tear the gift wrap, it might come off as rude to the person from whom you've received the gift. Some might disagree and say that the actions are justified because of the excitement, but I don't know if either is the right answer. 

I never really believed in only 1 correct answer when it comes to things like this. 

Anyways, as I take off the gift wrap the box comes into view. It's a watch, I open the box and what reveals itself is a black analog watch with the golden dial. The watch looks very luxurious yet not too flashy. Black stainless steel is used in both the dial and the strap.

I stare at the watch for a minute and wear it around my right wrist.

"Thank you for the gift Matsuo san, I'll cherish it," I say smiling at him.

"Ahh, looks like we've arrived, please take care of yourself." Matsuo san says as the car arrives at a stop, in front of the gate of the school.

I step outside and waved Matsuo san goodbye. As I turned around and started to walk towards the school gate I noticed that I'm getting stared on. Did I do anything unusual? I thought but just shrugged it off and started walking towards the entrance.

The gate was formed of Natural rock and looked quite nice. All the young boys and girls dressed in school uniforms, the same as mine were passing through this gate.

Okay, stop for a moment. Take a deep breath, here we go. I said in my thoughts and started walking forward.

_____________________