"Haha! Very funny." You overheard Daichi and Kuroo talking, "Thanks for coming to see us off."

            "Wouldn't miss it." He said, standing next to him watching all the team members scramble to get their stuff settled on the bus. Hinata and Kageyama were off thanking Tanakas sister for driving them here and everyone was being entertained by Bokuto. Suga was herding most of the crowd though.

"More like you're going to miss her?" Daichi teased, earning a punch to his shoulder.

"Whatever.. it's not like you're wrong." Kuroo sighed. Hearing that made you wanna blow steam from your ears, how could he say something so embarrassing? And he didn't even stop there, "If you see me in Miyagi in the next couple of weeks, mind your business."

"Oh yeah? I'll make sure to keep it a secret from the second years. They're pretty protective." Daichi laughed confidently. He wasn't hiding the sense of pride he felt knowing he had the prettiest managers at the camp.

"I appreciate that, thanks... I know I'm a little late in saying this, but I couldn't help but notice you guys kept your third years, too." Kuroo changed the subject. You didnt quite understand the new subject though.

"Yeah." Daichi followed, "You guys played the last years champs on day 2 of the interhigh prelims, right? Hinata told us. That's some rotten luck."

"Right. We lost the quarter finals." Kuroo said, you'd never heard him so bummed before. His voice so deep and serious as he spoke to Daichi. You liked this side of him a lot.

"Top 8 in Tokyo is nothing to sneeze at though." Daichi tried to cheer him up.

Top 8? You thought, That's insanely impressive. Is he crazy? How could you be disappointed?

"Who cares if we can't keep going." So that's how he thought. You found yourself trying to hide a smile. He really is cool, his ambition was insane.

"True." Daichi said, their conversation lulling enough for you to finally butt in.

You kicked Kuroo's butt to get his attention, "Oops, sorry. I thought you were a flagpole for a second."

"Yeah?" Kuroo's eyes gleamed with playfulness. He quickly scooped you up over his shoulder, your hips hanging over and your face in his back. "You know, some flagpoles might think that's disrespectful if you kick them."

"Kuroo!" You yelled and punched his back due to the surprise, you were surely going to be teased about this the whole ride home if he didnt put you down soon.

"Whaaaat? If I'm a flagpole I need a flag to match, huh?" Kuroo laughed at you struggling and decided quickly to stop being so mean when he watched everyone else start looking over.

"Fine I get it! I won't call you a flagpole, just put me down. How are you this freakishly strong?" You hit his back and it reminded him to let you down.

"About time—" you were about to start talking when Kuroo leaned down so that only could hear him again.

"Hey," Kuroo said, "Call me when you get home, okay? You have my number now."