Chapter 10: Ghosts

Other mother leaves, which closes the mirror like a portal just closed. Coraline ran over and began to bang on the door.

Coraline: Come back here!!! Don't leave us here!!! P-Please…

Y/n: Coraline…

Coraline: Y/n!!!

She ran back over to you and hugged you.

Coraline: I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to get hurt. We shouldn't have come back here. You were right. My real parents are better in every way! And now your hurt, and I-

Y/n: Coraline. Please. Calm down.

She let go of you and looked into your eyes. You felt dizzy and passed out.

Coraline: No! Y/n?! Y/n?! Please, don't leave me!!! Please!!!

She began to cry even more and hugged your body.

Coraline: Please. Please be ok.

Then Coraline heard a noise from the darkness.

Coraline: Who's there?!

???: Shush. For the Beldam might be listening.

Coraline: Y-You mean the other mother?

Coraline got up and walked over towards a glowing light. She pulled away the sheets on the old bed to see 3 little children with buttons for eyes. Not only was one boy and the other 2 girls, they were all ghosts.

Coraline: Who are you?

The ghosts explained how the Beldam, or the other mother, gave the children happiness and sewed the buttons over their eyes. Now the children are ghosts and don't remember their own names.

Coraline: Well, she can't keep me in the dark forever. Not if she wants my life. Beating her is the only way.

??? 1: If you do escape, could you find our eyes?

Coraline: Has she taken those too?

??? 2: Yes, miss. And hidden them.

??? 3: Find our eyes mistress, and our souls will be free.

Coraline: I'll try.

Suddenly someone grabbed Coraline through the mirror. She attacked the person and removed their mask. It was other Wybie. His mouth was stitched into a smile.

Coraline: Did she do this to you?

Wybie didn't even respond. Coraline removed the stitches and asked Wybie if that was better. He shushed Coraline and grabbed you from the mirror as well.

Coraline: Can you help y/n?

Other Wybie pulls out a towel and wipes the blood away, then he gives Coraline an eyepatch and she puts it over your eye. You then start to wake up.

Y/n: Coraline? Wybie?

Coraline hugged you and was about to cry again.

Coraline: Y/n. I'm so glad you're ok.

Y/n: What's going on?

Coraline: We're leaving, that's what.

The 3 of you race towards the door in the wallpaper and knock over the bug like wardrobe which makes a loud noise.

???: Coraline? Is that you?

Y/n: The other mother! Let's go!

You open the door to see it's dirty and not as pretty as before.

Other mother: Coraline? Y/n?

Coraline: Come on!

You and Coraline were about to leave but Wybie stayed behind.