033; lie on water

Start from the beginning

Well, it turns out that every man must have a peaceful place to contemplate. and if you do not have such a place, you must find one.

I felt my eyes slowly open, meeting the harsh rays of the sun. From instinct, I immediately look away, only to feel my whole body laid on sand.

and that was the moment wherein my surroundings stirred clear, I felt the cool breeze hit my skin as I sit up before my eyes land on the clear blue blanket of water endlessly flowing through the horizon.

A flock of seagulls flew by as I got up, my feet meeting the soft, pure white sand.

God, it was so peaceful and tranquil. It's as if I can stay here forever, exploring every area of the place.

I turned my head to take a good look of everything, realizing that I had the whole beautiful place to myself.

It was before I decided to walk towards the shore, right where the see meets land. I finally step on the damp sand, just before a small wave hits and comes in contact with my feet, a bit of water splashing to the hem of the white dress I wore.

I had no idea where I was, but I didn't mind it.

The next thing I knew, I slightly bend down to feel the water with my hands, a smile painting on my lips.

I felt the water vividly flow past my palms, along with small bits of sand. After a moment of splashing around, I decided to dry up back into the sea side.

But my gaze seemed to be too fixed to the endless ocean, almost ignoring something else that was going on. 

"Here you go." I hear a thick English accent coming from my right.

I grew curious, having thought that I had the place to myself. And so I averted my gaze to the source, to my surprise, seeing...

"Millie?!" And there she stood behind me, holding out a small towel for me to use. "Hey." She smiled back before taking a seat on the tree log, keeping a few inches between us.

My jaw fell open as I dried up my hands, my eyes still fixed to the woman as she admired the sea just like how I was doing earlier.

Am I dead?

"No, you're not dead." She spoke. "How—" "This is your beach, Y/N. and I was told that you may need a word from me." She interrupted, as if she could read all my thoughts.

"Millie..." I reached for her shoulder. "Why are we here?" I questioned. "Like I told you, this is your safe space. It's brilliant, I love it." She remarked.

"Have you ever wondered why you're so good at helping everyone but yourself?" She started. "What do you mean?" I was confused.

"You're contented with everything but yourself." She plainly answered.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"See, you think Vivian and Rosie will have a good life in Paris like you did. Arthur and Owen are doing fine on their own, your friends are happy with their own lives, your work is doing perfect, and lastly, Finn and Avery are finally starting to get at peace with me being gone." She explained.

"You feel like you've done everything for everyone." She concluded. "Right...?"

"But, girl, go give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve to help yourself too." She advised. "I'm... on a vacation right now." I explained.

"You just slept on a dangerously hot hot spring." She pointed out. "Oh, crap, go, wake me up." I insisted, holding her right hand up to my cheek.

"You'll do that on your own." She shook her head, letting go of my hand.