010. THE ROYAL TOUR CONTINUED

Start from the beginning

We begin the day with a walkabout at the Royal Botanic Gardens where a rapturous welcome awaited us.

"I don't think I will ever get used to this," I told Harry as we arrived at the Royal Botanic Gardens, who it seemed like thousands of people gathered to meet us.

"It's the best feeling ever," Harry said.

I nodded.

We walked around and smiled at everyone and I was given an abundance of flowers and toys for Akeilah.

"Thank you," I said to a little girl who gave me flowers.

I met a little boy, Gavin woke up "with a cough" and had to stay at home from school today. He decided to make a pasta necklace for me. I was so impressed I decided it was the perfect addition to my ensemble.

"I think it makes my ensemble look even better, don't you think?" I asked Gavin.

Gavin nodded.

"You look beautiful," Gavin said.

I smiled.

"Thank you, Gavin," I said.

After spending 25 minutes talking to well-wishers and taking an array of gifts including cuddly toys, flags, newspaper cuttings and handmade trinkets, we were welcomed by Governor Linda Dessau and her husband Anthony Howard.

From there, we walked to Government House for a reception where a diverse group of young Victorian leaders and community members attended the reception.

There was a demonstration of various sporting activities took place in the grounds, with ambassadors from the This Girl Can campaign. I joined in a handball demonstration.

Then, Harry and I demonstrated a scaled, miniature Formula 1 car designed and made by Trinity Grammar students, which won the 2017 F1 in Schools World Championship.

I got quite the surprise when I launched the car.

"I did not expect that!" I exclaimed of our speedy takeoff while laughing at my own jumpy reaction.

Meanwhile, Harry looked as happy as a child in a toy store, beaming at the cars and laughed at my startled reaction.

"Wasn't quite expecting that," He joked to her.

Continuing on, we met Hunter Johnson, one of the Queen's Young Leaders and founder of The Man Cave.

We also met Willow from Guide Dogs Victoria, Harry was delighted to meet Willow.

We were presented with a photograph by Victorian street artist, Rone, of his spectacular painting of cement silos near Geelong.

We mingled with guests and signed the visitors' book.

Following the Reception at Government House, Harry and I visited Charcoal Lane, a social enterprise café which offers leadership, mentoring and training programmes for young Aboriginal people.

We were shown a mural by artist Robert Young.

Then we had lunch at Charcoal Lane, where we were served gourmet cuisine made with native Australian ingredients plated up by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainees.

The menu included an entree of mushroom and quinoa nest and chargrilled kangaroo and main courses of wild boar, saffron risotto and barramundi.

Following a quick outfit change, and a quick phone call with Akeilah's nanny to check up on Akeilah, Harry and I travelled on Melbourne tram to South Melbourne beach.

We met with the 'Waste Warriors' at Albert Park primary school where children have told us all about their commitment to sustainability. On the beach, we met volunteers from a local beach patrol programme.

Kings & Queens ↠ Brie Bella & Prince Harry Fanfiction On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara