010. THE ROYAL TOUR CONTINUED

October 17, 2018

Day Two of our Royal Tour of Australia, Harry and I fly to the town of Dubbo, situated on the Macquarie River.

"Watch your step," Harry said to me as I walk out of the small plane.

Harry and I were greeted by the Mayor at the airport. He was happy that we were here and then it was time to meet a very excited group of children.

Harry and I were welcomed with hugs by adorable schoolboy Luke Vincent, who rubbed Harry's beard.

"It's like Santa Claus' beard, huh?" I asked Luke.

Like nodded.

"Santa Claus is my favorite person," Luke replied.

"Then does that mean I'm your second favorite person?" Harry asked Luke.

"I guess so," Luke answered.

I chuckled.

Then Harry and I visited the Royal Flying Doctor Service which is celebrating its 90th year. We learned more about the life-saving role the aviation service provides for people living in rural and regional areas. We also had to cut the 90th anniversary cake.

Next, Harry and I saw first-hand the hardships local farmers are facing at Mountain View Farm. We talked to the Woodley family, who have been running a livestock and crop farm for over five generations since 1887 about their hardships and their fond memories.

Harry and I joined the family feeding the cattle.

I brought banana bread that I baked at Admiralty House last night and Fortnum & Mason Royal Blend tea for tea with the Woodley family.

Whilst departing, I asked the car to stop so I could meet a group of people who waited to see us.

Next, we travelled to Victoria Park to join people from Dubbo and surrounding areas at a picnic in the park to celebrate community spirit within the region. When it started raining.

"We have brought rain with us," Harry joked to me.

I smiled.

I held an umbrella over Harry as he gave a speech where he referenced to his grand-parents visit to the area in 1954 and the resilience of locals throughout the drought. And he also addressed mental health and suicide rates.

Speaking on his own journey Harry added, "You are all in this together and, if I may say, personally, we are all in this together. Because asking for help was one of the best decisions that I ever made. You will be continually amazed at how life changes for the better."

Next, we met representatives from Drought Angels. The small charity is run by big hearts, who offer a listening ear, a warm hug and personalised support given to each family.

In the afternoon, we visited a local school working to improve the education outcomes of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. I also carried out my first solo of the tour, meeting pupils from the Girls Academy.

=•=•=•=
October 18, 2018

Day Three, we travelled to Melbourne this morning for a packed day of engagements.