Kovu

Audre followed Kiara out of the den.

"Wow!" "Yeah. It's so big! Let's go!" The two girls started to leave Pride Rock. "Whoa!" Simba grabbed Kiara and Abiola grabbed Audre. They set their daughters back to the top. "Where do you two think you're going in such a hurry?" "Daddy. Let go." "We're off to go around the Pride Lands!" "Well, we want you both to be careful."

Kiara jumped at a butterfly, but Simba stopped her. "Kiara, are you even listening? Accidents can happen. You could easily get hurt..." "hurt or stepped on--" "or even get lost." The fathers looked at their daughters with some worries. "And remember, we want you to stay in sight of Pride Rock at all times." "We know. And if we see any strangers, don't talk to them, come straight home." "Ok, ok. Can we go now? Please?" The girls smiled at them. "Hmm." "Very funny."

Nala and Adelaide went over and sat down. "Mind your father, Kiara." "You as well, Audre." "Yes, mom." "Alright." "And stay away from the Outlands." Zazu flew over and landed. "Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous Outsiders." "Zazu's right. You can't turn your back on them." "Really? How come?" Simba shook his head, "never mind. Just run along now." "You, too, Audre." "Ok!" Audre ran off quickly, laughing happily.

Kiara soon followed her.

"And stay on the path I marked for you two!" "Simba, who does she remind you of?" "Huh? What? Who?" "She's just like you were when you were young." Nala rubbed against him. "Exactly. Do you realize the dangers we put ourselves in?" She pinned him down. "You mean the dangers you put us in."

Abiola and Adelaide walked back inside the den. "Audre is just like you, Adelaide." "I know. So adventurous."

-

The girls chased a butterfly.

"Hey, wait. Come back. I just wanna play." Kiara got down as it landed on a rock. "The mighty hunter has cornered her prey." She pounced, but it got away. Whoa." She got on the rock. "What is it Kiara?" Audre got next to her and took a look. "Look very dry." "It's the Outlands. I wonder what's out there." "Murderous Outsiders?" "That's what Zazu said. Maybe it's fun over there." "I getcha."

Audre soon left her side and ran off, giggling. She was going to the Outlands alone. She didn't know that though. She got across a log and fell, knocking over a male lion cub.

He jumped up and got ready, growling. She looked at him and got up. "Who are you, Pridelander?" "I'm Audre. Who are you?" She got into a playful position. He stood normally, "what are you doing?" "You don't want to play?" "Play?" "You know... maybe not." "Anyways, my name is Kovu."

"I came here to check it out. Why are you all alone?" "I don't anyone looking for me," he walked on a green log, "I can take care of myself." "Really? Cool!" She followed him. He turned and screamed. She looked and screamed as well. They dodged the croc. "Run!"

They got away, jumping to high places to avoid them. They soon got to the Pride Lands. They looked down at the crocks, smiling a bit.

"We made it!" "Yeah." Kiara came running over. "Audre!" She smiled at her, "Kiara! Meet Kovu!" They looked at each other. "Play?" Audre got into a pounce position, growling playfully. The two did the same.

Simba and Abiola got there, roaring. A female lion got there and roared at the men. "Zira." "Simba?" Zira got ready, but soon backed off when he wasn't alone with one new male. "Nala." "Zira." "Timon. Pumba. Great, now that we know each other, get out of our Pride Lands!" She glared at Tinon, "your Pride Lands?" She roared at him, scaring him.

"These lands belong to Scar." "I banished you from the Pride Lands. Now you and your young cub, get out." "Oh. Haven't you met my son, Kovu? He was hand-chosen by Scar to follow in his paw prints and become king." Simba growled at Kovu, making him shake. "Pfft. That's not a king. That's a fuzzy maraca." "Kovu was the last born, before you exiled us to the Outlands. Where we have little food, less water." "You know the penalty for returning to the Pride Lands." "But the child does not. However, if you need your pound of flesh," she scooted Kovu closer to him, "here."

Simba looked at him then at Zira, unsure. Zira smirked at him. "Take him and get out. We're finished here." Abiola picked up Audre, and Simba picked up Kiara. "Oh, no, Simba. We have barely begun." Zira sniggered then picked up Kovu. They all started to walk away from each other.

"Bye." "Bye."

-

"Audre, what were you thinking? You put Kiara in danger." "She came at the end. I met Kovu way before she got there." "You did seem like friends..." "Kovu and I escaped croca together! It was awesome!" "I see."

"Did something happen?" Adelaide went over to them. "Audre went to the Outlands and escaped crocs with an Outsider." "Audre, are you alright?" "Yes mom. Kovu was awesome. We were about to play, before we were stopped. I want to see him again."

"Audre, you need to stay by Kiara. Also, your little sibling will need their big sister." "Big sister?" Adelaide smiled and nodded. Audre smiled then went to Kiara as she entered. "I'm going to be a big sister!" Kiara smiled, "cool."

They all soon went to bed.