Part 7- thick and thin

Y/n: Oh yeah.*you go in to about to kiss him*
*you hear the door open so you back away*
Caitlin: Hey so we are going to rounds now so present intern.
Intern: This is Bartholomew Allen,he is 23 years old,got stuck by lightning,had a stroke,and is paralyzed from the waist down,and also has some memory issues which is caused by the stroke.
Barry:Woah wait did you say I am paralyzed so I will never walk again!
Y/n:Did you really have to say that!Hey Barry look at me*you grab his face so he looks at you*Barry look at my beautiful eyes and take deep breaths ok.
*Barry looks at you and takes deep breaths*
Barry:yeah ok but is it true?
Y/n: Can you get them out Dr.snow? *they walk out of Barry's room*Ok yes you are..but there is a clinical trial it's a implantable biostimulant that will help you walk again.
Barry:What do they do and when we're they planning on doing it.
Y/n: Imma get Dr.Snow for you to explain it.
*you get Dr.Snow and she explains what happens*
Barry:Wow so how long is the surgery and when are you guys gonna do it.
Caitlin: Umm it's about 4 hours maybe more we don't know until we get in there.We were planning on doing it whenever you get stronger.There are risks though like stroke,death,bad pain but it's very unlikely there are a lot of success with this.
Barry: Ok that sounds reasonable..Y/n?
Y/n: Oh um yeah that's nice.I'll be right back. *you kiss his forehead*
*You go to the restroom and sit on the floor and start crying and have flashbacks of Barry in the hospital on that night**Iris walks in and sits next to you*
Iris:Heyyy y/n what's wrong aren't you happy that he is going to be able to walk again.
Y/n:Well yeah of course I am it's just.. We just got him back and I rather have him never walk again then loose him.
Iris:Yeah I know but Dr.Snow said it's very unlikely they have very high success rates.
Y/n: Well it was unlikely that lightning would struck him in his safe lab!It was unlikely for him to be in a coma after the accident!It was unlikely for him to get a stroke from a freaking blown aneurysm from
staying in a bed for nine months! So Iris our odds are not on our side right now ok!
Iris: oh yeah I see...
Y/n: I'm sorry ok it's just that I am frustrated. I barely got any sleep because I just waited for my phone to vibrate to get bad news.So I just need everything to slow down.I just need a minute...*voice breaks*I just want to hug Barry and feel his warmth and hear his heart beat singing in my ear but he doesn't even remember me and is falling in love with me all over again.
Iris:Y/n come here and sit down.
*You go out to the waiting room and sit next to Iris*
Iris:come on now lay on my shoulder and take a nap.
Y/n: b-but what if b-Barry-
Iris: I will wake you up if anything happens.
*you fall asleep*