part 5

A/N: sorry i haven't been updating this story! i wanted to finish my 'always been you' story before i really get into this. but anyway i'm back! if you're a fan of my other story, i'm almost done with the last chapter so stay tuned. until then, enjoy!

"Sweetie!" my mom called out to me, knocking on the door of my room. I hummed in response, taking my Airpods out of my ears, "Ethan and Maya are here,"

Ever since I broke my foot by some weird mystical magical way I've kept more to myself, focusing on my writing and researching whatever the hell is going on here. I've heard myths and folklore about vampires and werewolves and witches in Mystic Falls, but I always thought they were complete bullshit.

The twins walked into the room with sympathetic smiles on their faces, "Hey Tom Brady," Ethan said, ruffling my hair a little. It caused me to swat his hand away and I flipped him off.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, sitting up.

"It's Commonwealth Festival Day! We need help setup!" Maya said, seriously.

I looked at the two of them incredulously, "Are you kidding? I'm a literal cripple," I said, pointing to my foot.

"But you have a boot now, so you could walk around. Plus Hope will be there," Ethan added, wiggling his eyebrows.

Hope Marshall. The one girl who has been the cause of my madness. I haven't been able to get her out of my mind, but not because she's drop dead gorgeous. But because of what her and Principal Saltzman was talking about when I got brought to the hospital.

"Yeah, no, still not interested," I replied, simply, desperately wanting to get back to my research.

"Well you have no choice," Maya stated, with a shrug, "Mrs. Rivers!" she yelled and my mouth was gaped.

"You're telling my mom!" I whisper-yelled.

My mom poked her head in humming in response, "Can Ads come with us to help setup at the Commonwealth Festival? We really need all hands on deck,"

"I don't see why not, the doctor said you're free to move around and do whatever you'd like," Ethan and Maya give her a look which she finally understands, "Actually, you should go. You've been cooped up in the house for the past week, go out, be with friends!"

I let out a groan, "Mom, I really don't want to,"

"Go or else you're grounded," she said and I wasn't very fazed until she added, "I'll cancel our Netflix subscription,"

That's all it took for me to immediately get out of bed, closing my laptop in the process. Ethan and Maya high fived my Mom as she made her way out of the room. I looked at them, rolling my eyes.

The sun was shining down on the beautiful Mystic Falls. Even though today wasn't a day worth celebrating, you know I realized we celebrate a town and founders that were literally for slavery like...we gotta change these holidays.

"You'll be working on this booth right here, just make sure it looks pretty," Maya said and I nodded.

"Mhmm got it, you're lucky I can finish this paper mache job. Who started this Ethan?" I scoffed at the ball of paper in front of me.

"I worked really hard last night!" he exclaimed.

Maya rolled her eyes, "Which actually means he got loads of papercuts and decided to stop because of how bad it stung,"

I nodded, chuckling softly, "Actually that sounds about right,"

He scoffed before walking away. I sat quietly by myself focusing on the paper ball in front of me. Carefully assessing it so I don't end up with papercuts and a broken leg. That's probably the worst combo ever.