The two of you sat in silence as you drove down the highway. 

"You're awfully casual," Dandy said, looking up and down at your outfit.

"What was I supposed to wear? A bright red shirt fashioned with a green jacket? Brown jeans? No thanks, I'd rather not take inspiration from your wardrobe,"

"You've been so uptight ever since you told me about how you stuck a knife in your Father's throat when you were fourteen," He said, tapping his finger on the steering wheel as he made a turn, "It wasn't even that interesting,"

You instinctively told him to be quiet as you frantically looked around to make sure no one could hear.  They obviously couldn't due to the fact you were in a car that was going at an excruciatingly fast speed down the highway. That, however, didn't stop your heartbeat from accelerating.

Dandy took that as an opportunity to keep talking, "I told you the first time, and I'll tell you time and time again, we're a couple. I've killed people, and you've killed people. We can be ourselves,"

A small smile rested on his lips at those final words.

"Fake couple..." You quickly butted in, muttering the words under your breath.

When you reached the street, Dandy parked the car and the two of you got out.

"If one of the poor people steal my car, it's your fault,"

"How would it be my- You know what, never mind," 

As you walked down the street, looking for somewhere to eat, Dandy's fingers grazed against yours until you finally held his hand.

"What's this?" You asked, looking down at your interlocking fingers.

"Maybe this will help you improve your terrible acting,"

You refrained from coming up with a witty response since you didn't want to piss him off and end up going to the bus. Instead, you responded with a sarcastic fake smile.

Turning your focus back onto the street, a small diner caught your eye, "Come on rich boy, we're going in,"

You tugged at his hand and heard the bell jingle when you walked through the door.

A lady from behind the counter greeted you with a smile, "Table for two, I assume?"

You nodded, and she lead the two of you to a table in the corner, nearest the door. She handed each of you a menu as she did so. 

When the woman left, you stared down at the piece of paper. 

You could only recognise a few words, but most of it was jumbled up. The b's looked like d's and the p's looked like q's. Sighing, you narrowed your eyes to try and get a better look at what it'd said. You were used to this problem as you grew up with it your entire life. Often called dim and dumb for this, you rushed to try and figure out what the menu said before Dandy would insult you.

"You look awfully lost,"

You shrugged it off, "Just thinking about what I'm gonna order,"

Dandy paused, the silence between you wasn't noticed due to the sound of everyone else in the diner. The noise of plates clattering, people chattering, and forks scraping against plates had filled the room.

He cleared his throat, "You can't read, can you?" 

You looked up to see his head was tilted while he looked peculiarly into your confused eyes.

"Don't look at me like that," Shooting him a look, you stared back down at the menu, "Of course I can read,"

"What does this say then?" He slid his menu towards you and pointed at the words at the bottom. Words you hadn't had time to analyse yet.