"Of course. What? You've never been in a water fight?"

"No, never,"

"Well, it's simple. Just follow my lead," He struck the water with his hand, causing it to ripple through the ocean, and some of it leapt out and wet your clothes.

"I'm getting you back for that one, asshole," Your laugh rang through the summer air as you followed his movements. Though, you definitely weren't as good as it. Every time you attempted to hit him with the water, it pathetically missed.

He walked over and stuck out his open palm, as if to ask if he could hold yours, "May I?"

You were confused but agreed to it nonetheless. He held your wrist and helped you send water flying up into the air. Feeling his tight grasp, you felt your cheeks heat up. 

"You doing okay there, Tattler?"

"Oh, shut up," You chuckled, releasing his grasp as you turned around. 

You quickly turned around again, this time sending a large amount of water right at his face. 

He smirked, laughing, "You really shouldn't have done that one, Y/n,"

You both leapt deep into the water. As you weren't the best swimmer, Jimmy would occasionally help hold you up. 

The sound of the birds chirping was magical to you. As the sun shone against your face, and the heat grew to be too much, you were thankful that the water existed. It was almost like a safe haven for you and your friend. Away from the freakshow, away from civilisation. It was where you could be who you were, your most authentic self. 

A loud voice snapped you out of your dream, "Look who decided to show up,"

You groaned, rolling over to face Dandy Mott. He stood right under the sunlight that beamed in from the window. The light shone against his face, causing his blue eyes to sparkle as he looked directly at you. Today, he wore a dark red jumper over his white button-up. He obviously cared a lot about his appearance. He constantly looked his best.

"You look dreadful," He snorted, looking you up and down.

"Thanks, I'm pretty sure you've already said that before,"

You managed to stand up from the bed and headed over to the mirror which was on the opposite end of the room. Facing your reflection, you realised he was right. Your H/c hair had random twigs scattered amidst it, while your torn-up jeans had mud stains and dried blood. There was even a purple bruise on your cheek.

He put his hand up to examine the injury, his cold hand grazed against your skin, "Seems like a terrible injury, you seem to be extremely bad at running away,"

"Trust me, if I was planning my escape, I'd be a lot more sly," You narrowed your eyes, "I fell. The forest's a big place, so many ditches. You never know what can happen,"

"So if you didn't escape then what happened?"

You couldn't tell him about Corey. After all, you hardly knew this guy. All you knew was that he has extreme anger issues and tried to kill you one time. For all you knew, he could have teamed up with his clown boyfriend.

"I thought I heard a noise, okay? Then I got lost,"

Snorting, he walked back over to the doorway, "How boring. I wouldn't have expected anything more from someone like you. If you 'get lost' again then don't take several hours to get back,"

"Oh, sorry, I'll plan to only get lost for an hour next time," You shook your head, refraining from laughing, "What happened with your clown friend?"

He looked into the distance, as if he was deep in thought, then a smile lit upon his face, "He is... magnificent,"

"Maybe be careful with that one. You never know where clowns like him have been. Might have rabies,"

Rolling his eyes, he opened the door to leave, "Maybe I'll take you to his bus one day, if you don't bore me,"

"I'll mark it in my calendar," 

When the man had finally left, you let out a long-repressed sigh. You sat back down on the bed and stared out of the window to view the mountains in the distance. Deer ran free through the hills. You wished you were like them. Free. 

Dealing with Dandy Mott wasn't your favourite thing to do. After all, he was a pain in the ass. 

A/n Triple upload?? Yes, I really did that. In honour of our bestie, Philip. He would definitely love this. Okay, maybe these three chapters are super short and I'm writing half of them in the middle of the night but I'm inspired. In reality, I'm inspired for the next chapter. Next chapter is where it starts to get pretty good.

Also I wrote this whole chapter very late at night so spelling errors and crappy writing are a definite. I'll probably edit the hell out of these cringy ass chapters sooner or later. Let me know your thoughts xoxo