𝐒𝐈𝐗ᵃ ˡᵒᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ʷⁱˡˡ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿ

Start from the beginning

Callie was near the window, watching Gilbert approach and walk away deciding whether to enter the house. 

She decided to join the boy and so went out the door, going into the snow. 

Gilbert didn't say anything, but he let himself be joined by the girl, and then they wandered together on the freezing ground. 

"So, you want to tell me something too? Ask me how I'm doing?" The boy asked harshly, having already heard that word too often that day. 

"Why should I? I am aware that whatever I say, it won't help you in any way," she replied, not wanting to force the boy to reveal anything to her.

"Then why are you here?" He asked again, confused by that girl. 

"Because, even if you don't believe it, I care about you. I don't want you to tell me how you are, or how you feel. I just don't want to leave you alone," the girl said. 

Gilbert stopped, causing the girl to stop too. "I thought you hated me," the boy confessed, starting to stare at Callie. 

"Hate you?" asked the girl, letting the boy nod. "If I hated you, I would have destroyed you long ago. I don't despise you, Gilbert, because even if I'm treacherous, hate is not an emotion I often feel " She clarified, confused by the boy's previous statement.

"Well, For sure you're treacherous, let me say " He remarked, making the girl cross her arms. 

"I'm not the only one, I think", She said, knowing too well that the guy wasn't an angel as everyone wanted to make him. Gilbert grinned and raised his hands as a sign of surrender. 

The two remained silent, not wanting to continue talking. They wanted to remain in their world. 

Because when they came back to the house, all the worries and problems would come back, without leaving them. So they preferred to remain in complete quietness, while the breeze hit their faces, coloring them lightly.

✦——————————✦

The Rhodes had come home, plant their coats off, and Genevieve had cooked for the family. 

After dinner, Emerson decided to go to sleep, as the next day he should get up early. So did Romeo, who was quite stressed, given the day he had spent. 

The two women sat in the living room, where Genevieve knitted and Calliope read a book. The room was quiet, where only the needles that worked and the pages that were turned could be heard.

 They continued like this for a while, until the mother put up the needles and began to look at the daughter. 

Callie looked up only when she didn't hear the noises. She saw her mother staring at her as she fiddled with her fingers. 

"Mother, are you feeling well? Can I help you in any way?" Callie proposed, trying to understand what the mother had. 

The woman did something unexpected, got up, and after approaching Callie, clasped her in a hug.