11. Labour

the baby project act two
" welcome to parenthood "
﹙ 𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗥. ﹚

 ﹚

     HOW DOES ONE PREPARE FOR A BABY? Addie does understand that there are undoubtedly numerous ways in which pregnant women equip themselves for their upcoming delivery but Addie isn't a pregnant woman and is in fact a mere seventeen years old

In her rare circumstances, does it come with a handbook? A how-to guide maybe? A shrink to answer all of her undying questions possibly? She wouldn't mind some kind of hefty journal to add to her collection but that doesn't make her ready for the endeavor ahead.

Does she write home and ask her mum how she did it? Would Laurie do the same and therefore make their parents very worried that things at Hogwarts had gotten far too out of hand for two teenage girls that had been brought up very well, in Shelby Sweeney's opinion?

How does one prepare for a baby in a way that keeps their sanity intact and keep their will to live in at least one piece by the time that it leaves Addie's possession? Addie's situation is quite the unique one and she fears very few places ─ if any ─ will have the answer to her constant flow of questions.

Said questions, in fact, had caused Addie to stare at the ceiling of the Great Hall ─ a mesmerizing sight in itself, but not the point ─ for the last ten minutes, resulting in her ignoring her friends' discussion, which she might have just benefitted from listening to.

"Can the baby die?"

"I hope so."

"Jazz!"

"What?" The Slytherin shrugged. "Gets me out of this stupid project."

"That way you'll surely pass with flying colours."

Tate and Logan were now taking up seats among the group and it was the first Addie had noticed that their bundle of friends stretched right down the table. Felix and Josh had arrived and squeezed in next to Gia. Her roommates, Sylvie and Ida were gossiping as they usually did with Clayton. It seemed like a large portion of their year group had huddled in one spot to discuss what was awaiting them.