Chapter 2 : Bridge between past and present

The school bell rang and everyone acquired their favourable seats.

And as always Aion was at the back of the class near the window, gazing out of it. He always looked out of the window in hope that someday he'll see her again. As the time was he was getting more and more overwhelmed by the past.

After Five hours of classes everyone dispersed for their home with their friend.

And always the only who left alone was Aion.

He was never rude to anyone nor he ever went against anyone but the still the people around him never acknowledged his presence. He was always being cornered.

As he walked down the blank street of his neighborhood, something caught his attention. A white purse was lying on the street. He picked it up and looked around for the owner but didn't saw a single person. He decided to submit it at the police station and turned back. He didn't even walked a foot when he heard someone crying.

Aion had this amazing attribute of listening.

He looked around him and without any delay started following the sound and finally reached the end of the street where there was an old abandoned 3 storey apartment. The sound seemed to be coming from inside. Aion was kind but at the same time very timid. His legs started shivering but his mind remained active. He predicted of someone getting violated.

Remembering the past and the urge to not repeat it , his legs moved. With each step he moved faster and continued following the cry. He ended up at the back of the apartment where saw a door slightly open. He moved forward towards the door while his hands shivering with terror.

The moment he opened the door, he saw a man forcefully undressing a tied teenager. Aion was frightened by the scene. His mind was loosing its stability. His legs were shouting at him to run. But he could not do it. He knew he could not run again. He knew if he run today he will never able to move ahead and will get more and more eaten by the past.

He gathered some strength and picked up a rod lying on the floor and shouted "Leave her alone you freaking bastard!!!"

He ran towards the person and hit him at the leg. The man lost his balance and fell down. Taking the opportunity Aion starting untying the girl. But meanwhile, the man stood up and took out a knife. He went to Aion and kicked him. He moved towards Aion to stab him with the knife. Aion grabbed some dirt from the ground and threw it to the man's eyes making him blind for a while. Aion prioritized untying the girl. He freed him, gave her his blazer and asked her to escape through that door. She did as she was asked to and escaped the scene. While Aion was about to step he was dragged inside the room by that person. He was cornered on a cemented floor. He could not run or even use his trick. He found himself completely helpless and saw death infront of his eyes. As the person forwarded his knife him, all his memories of the past flashed infront of his eyes. He lost all hope and smiled with tears in his eyes saying "I guess this is the end Lily". And he fainted.

But few seconds later he slightly opened his eyes and felt like he was being carried by someone. He looked up and saw a blurry face. The person laid him down and said "You have done enough boy. Now leave it to me and wait here." Hearing this warm words Aion fainted again.