Chapter 9

◆◆Skylar POV◆◆

The next morning, I was so happy. I can't wait to tell Hayes. So I ran to the cemetary to meet him. As I walked there, I saw someone laying on the ground. It was Hayes.

I ran to him right away. I kneeled down beside him. I shook his body, "Hayes, Hayes!". He didn't responded. I shook him again, but then his body started to fade. I was shocked, but I still yelled at him. "Hayes! Hayes! Wake up!".

Then he opened his eyes. He grasp for air as he sit. "A-are you o-okay?" I ask. He laid his back to the tree. "Yeah, for now," he replied. I still don't know how he just faded into thin air. "You were... you were fading, " I said. His body went stiff, his face looked shock. "H-how is it possible? " I ask.

He turned to look at me. He hold both my hands. "Oh god. Okay. If I tell you this, promise you won't leave me and just ran away?" He ask looking into my eyes. I look back at him. "I promise," I said. "Okay. How do I say this. You probably won't believe me," he said looking up. "Just spill it!" I said curious.

"I'm ghost," he said abruptly. I look at him in disbelief. "What? No. No. You're alive, " I said. "I'm dead, Sky. You might wonder why I can touch you. I just can, I showed myself to you because I think I can trust you on this," he said simply. " How, how did you died?" I ask holding his hand tighter, hoping he's really alive. "I hung myself. On this tree," he said.

"Why?" holding back my tears. "I was an outcast like you. I was ignored and bullied everyday. I just can't take it, so I hung myself," he said.

"Look, Sky. I'm sorry. If you want me to leave you alone that's fine," he said. I hug him and burst into tears. "No. Don't. I know what it felt like, I won't leave you," I whisper into his ear. He hug me back.

We were hugging for quite a while. It started getting awkward. I release my hand first. "So...what now?" I said. "Back to our routine? " he ask. "I guess. Where do actually go when I leave?" I ask. "Nowhere. I just stayed here. Around the tree. I have no where to go," he said. I felt bad for him.

"Do you want maybe come to my house?" I said. His eyes full of excitement. "You want me there?" He said. "Well yeah. Since you have no where you go. You could haunt my bedroom or something," I said. "Haunt? You want me to stay there?" He ask blushing. My face starting to get hot. "Y-yeah," I replied.

"Well then, shall we?" He said offering his hand to me. "We shall," I said holding his hand.