Memories- Fred Weasley

Start from the beginning

"Well—uh Thank you...I suppose"

--

"(Y/N), you know you like him so why don't you ask him to the Ball?"

"I just wish I could Luna. Unfortunately I am not a Gryffindor— therefore I have no courage to ask him so."

"Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure." she said in a sing-song voice. "You are a Ravenclaw, sister dearest. It is your greatest treasure, use it."

She kissed my cheek and scurried off.

I turned around and saw Fred and George teasing Ron about the champion Fleur Delacour.

I furrowed my eyebrows with determination and took out a piece of parchment from bag.

Taking my quill I wrote a note on it, charmed it to fly in the shape of a paper crane and sent it towards him.

I saw as he opened it with furrowed eyebrows, and read it with a smile on his face. He then proceeded to snatch a quill from Ron and wrote the reply and folded it back and flew it towards me.

I opened it nervously to see the note.

Roses are red, 
But their thorns are prickly.
Would you Frederick Gideon,  
Do the honor of going to the Yule Ball with me?
-Sincerely, Loopy Lovegood.

 When I read your poem, 
My heart started going cuckoo. 
So yes, I Frederick Gideon,
Would love to go to the Ball with you.
        -Sincerely, Wonderful Weasley.                  

"What are you looking at?"

"The stars"

"What's there to look at them? They're just plain and boring."

"No Fred, they're beautiful and serene. Besides, Mummy told me that stars are the spirits of your loved ones and they'll always watch over you."

"Wow. That was nice to know. However I do know something that is way more beautiful than the stars."

"Really? What is it?"

"It's not a 'what' it's a 'who' and it's you (Y/N) Ophelia Lovegood. I am positively smitten with you."

"Oh—I —"

"You don't have to say it back."

"Oh no, I am positively smitten with you too, Frederick Gideon Weasley."

"What do you want to do after Hogwarts?"

"I want to become a Potioneer and then live with you, get married and have kids."

"Awww. Is ittle little Lovey admitting her endless love to me??"

"I believe you are mistaken, Frederick, for I did that a long time ago."

"Well I suppose that it's true, but don't you worry, we'll have our own family in a little cottage with little kids runny all around."

"So you're going to leave the school? In fireworks?"

"That's right darling. Umbitch wouldn't even understand what happened."

"Whoa. That's a dramatic exit if I've ever seen one."

"Fred please, I can't lose you. I lost my mother and I have never been the same since. I'll go mental if I ever loose you Fred. I am nothing without you!!"

"But I have to go (Y/N)!! My family will be out there, fighting. I have to go and fight with them."

"Fine. But please, promise me you will be alright."

"I promise dear, I'll be back for you and we'll have the cottage and kids we always dreamt of."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Did I mention that I was resigning, Minister?"

"YOU'RE JOING PERCE!! I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER HEARD YOU  JOKE SINCE—"

"FRED!!!!!NO!!!"

I saw those eyes without their life, his last laugh still etched on his face.  I shook as tears rolled down my cheeks , took Fred in my arms and questioned the universe what did I do to deserve this?

I didn't react as Percy sat next to me, engulfing me in a hug as he too shook with sadness.

All I could think was how Fred was gone and all that was left were his memories.

----

Author's note-

Hello All!!

I hope you liked it!!

Please comment, vote and send requests and suggestions!!

Also, please go check out my James Potter Fanfic

"ℙℝ𝕆ℕ𝔾𝕊, 𝔻𝔼𝔸ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕋"

Love <33