Chapter twenty nine - His Hoodie

Start from the beginning

"Oh in that case yeah it should be fine, I'll text him now and ask" I pulled out my phone and got Theo's contact up before messaging him.

Me
Hey, is it alright if we study at your house? Mum has a few people over for dinner tonight.

She softly smiled at me before getting up to put away her bowl in the dishwasher. "Thanks sweetie"

I heard a little buzz from my phone so I checked to see what the notification was. Theo had texted me back almost immediately.

Theo
Yeah of course Edee, do you want to come over straight after school? I can give you a lift then.

Me
If you want to sure, I'll see you at school in a bit.

"Theo said it would be fine so I'm going over to his house straight after school, he's giving me a lift there" I said to her as I shoved my phone into my jacket pocket and took out my AirPods.

Mum handed me my water bottle by the front door before flattening out my jacket. "Perfect, I'll see you later sweetheart. Have a good day!"

"You too mum" I smiled and blew her a kiss as I walked down the path starting the treacherous walk to school.

I got to school safely like normal and everything went as smoothly as possible. I understood most of my work in my classes and break and lunch went by without any dramas.

I was walking out of my History class when Theo was waiting for me by the classroom door. Eloise wasn't in school today as she didn't feel well so I was by myself in that one lesson.

"Oh hey Theo" i smiled at him as began to walk to my locker to grab the books we needed for our tutoring session.

"Hey Edee" he grinned back at me as he shoved his hands into his jacket pockets.

I handed his jumper back to him when we reached my locker. "Thank you for letting me borrow this"

He quirked an eyebrow before grabbing the textbooks we needed and slammed my locker door shut. He softly said "Keep it" and with that he started to walk down the hallway to leave and get in his car.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and started to speed walk to keep up with him "What? Why?"

He turned around and grinned before pushing the door open with his back so he was still facing me. "It looks better on you then it does me"

I blushed and tried to keep my head down so he wouldn't notice.

"Blushing again are we Edee?" He teased.

Nevermind, he noticed.

He turned around and slid down the banisters by the steps at the front of the school entrance,
"Excited to see my mom again?"

"I am actually, Max too" I laughed as I opened the passenger door and scrambled in to his immaculately clean car.

People were staring as they saw me get in, probably because I'm the new shy girl or whatever and Theo is literally that 'one of a kind' guy in school.

We definitely wouldn't be a match on paper.

Most of the people would look away if they saw me looking back at them and continue with what they were doing but id be dead if looks could kill by one person in particular... and that person being the one and only Charlotte.

She was stood by her car in her mini skirt and cropped top cheerleading outfit with her arms tightly crossed across her chest scowling at me.

"What's her problem?" I muttered as Theo backed out of his parking space.

"Purely just jealous" He said back under his breath.

"Jealous?... why jealous?" I turned to look at Theo who was concentrating on the road.

"Because I don't like her anymore" Raking a hand through his hair he sighed before continuing.

"She said that she'd always be the one I go back to and I did think that as well at one point" He grumbled as he looked in the rear view mirror for any cars behind him before turning left onto another road.

My heart dropped a little. I knew they hooked up but I didn't think that it was anything more serious then that after they ended things. "At one point? So your view on that has changed?"

Without hesitating he answered a confident "Yeah definitely"

"How come?" I asked back as I placed my hands in my lap and began to fiddle with my fingers.

"You're a nosey one" He smirked from beside me but his gaze was stuck on the road, "but if you must know it's because I didn't think that anyone else would come along that I'm genuinely interested in"

"But that's changed"

A bit of hope sparked up inside of me, did I stand a chance?  Was I the girl that came along and changed his mindset?

I tried to contain the excitement in my voice.
"Oh really?"

"Yeah, she's gorgeous. Long legs, long black hair, blue eyes and tanned skin. Honestly perfection" Theo breathed out dreamily and dragged his hand over the side of his face before returning it back onto the steering wheel.

And just like that the spark of hope disappeared.

I was nothing like what he described... at all.

"She definitely sounds gorgeous" I weakly smiled at him before averting my gaze to look out of the window.

I felt tears form in my eyes but quickly snapped out of it.

Get yourself together Eden, you and Theo will never be a thing. You were stupid for thinking you stood a chance in the first place.

"Hey Edee is everything okay?" Theo questioned from beside me. He placed a hand gently on my thigh to get my attention.

"Yeah, everything is fine" I smiled at him trying my best not to show that I was maybe a little bit upset.

"No it's not, what's going on in that head of yours?" He asked softly as he stared into my eyes.

"Nothing, honestly Theo" I stifled out a laugh and returned my gaze to the window.

I was in fact a little bit upset, I've realised that I really like Theo and I wish he'd feel the same way...

But we can't have everything we wish for right?

~~
Authors note

Oopsies.. has someone new come into the picture or was Theo making someone up to see how Eden would react?

What do we think?!

See you Monday:)

G x