Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Be Careful What You Wish For

Having gone back from dinner without her roommate, ________ sat down in silence in front of a mirror at her bedroom alone, most specifically Law's bedroom but hey she did have a key anyway so it was hers to call her own.

Staring at her reflection with a frown written all over ________'s face, she was assuming and making guesses on what Law's fortune might be.

"Why wouldn't he tell me..?" She wondered to herself, resting her chin on the top of her palm as it got support from her elbow leaning on the surface of the table in front of the mirror, "I mean, fortunes are like for fun and all that so it can't possibly be true--that Perona girl is probably high or on drugs or something and Law is being a wacko in believing in that kind of stuff."

________ groaned, realizing that she's been thinking about that mysterious and devilishly handsome captain. Again. Ugh.

"Goddammit ________!" She hissed at her own reflection, making her face sink down into the table and lay flat on the surface, "Can't I go through one minute without thinking about him?!" ________ thought aloud, having regained her composure she made a long sigh and toned down a little, "This cruise is going to be over soon anyways... and when it does... he'll probably forget about me... like all my other crushes..." ________ mumbled softly, a look of disappointed on her face as she stood up from her seat taking steps towards the bed.

________ took a glance at the clock laid on her bedside table, as she slowly slipped into the bedsheets.

11:53

"It's almost midnight..." ________ mumbled as she stared at the ceiling, her eyes both wide awake, "I miss him... but he's probably doing his work as captain and all that..."

She looked at the clock again and glared daggers at it, making yet another possible reason to why he isn't in the room with her yet, "Or maybe he's flirting with other girls..." ________ growled under her breath, having a mixed feeling of anger, irritation and jealousy.

________ jumped as she heard the lock of the door suddenly chime and open, revealing Law in his captain's uniform but with his jacket off him and slung over his shoulders.

Noticing that he startled her, Law eyed ________ with a smirk, but it quickly faded as he soon remembered that she was apparently mad at him.

________ narrowed her eyes at him in response to his one second smirk then looked away with her arms crossed, "Had fun?" She asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice, actually referring to the 'girls' she assumed he was hanging out with.

His eyes gained a glint of amusement as he caught notice of ________'s jealousy in her tone, realizing that she isn't entirely mad at him and that he could easily be forgiven, "You sound like a jealous girlfriend of mine no?" Law commented teasingly.

"I-I DO NOT!" ________ stammered, now lying on her side as she made her back face Law to hide her scarlet covered cheeks.

Law made a light chuckle as he made his way nearer to ________ and took off his captain's hat and placed it on the bedside table, "Of course you don't, we're not even an item..." He replied with an innocent smile, "...Unless you want us to?"

She shook her head rapidly, earning a sigh from the exhausted captain. Law then sat down at the side of the bed, with his head turned to ________ and his eyes locked on her, knowing that she wouldn't bother to look back at him, "Still mad?" He asked in a softer voice.

________ didn't answer and just stared straight ahead at the wall, making Law answer his own question with a mental 'yes'.

"Look, there are two reasons as to why people don't talk about certain topics," Law said as he glanced at ________, making sure that she was listening, "Either it doesn't mean anything to them, or it means everything to them."