Snickering, you unknowingly muttered your thoughts aloud, "Sexual tension much..."

Dandy snapped his head to look straight at you, his voice thundered through the room, "I am not a fruit!"

You crossed your legs and stared at the two, full of interest, "Mr. Clown, did you know that Dandy here is actually a 'serious thespian'? Come on, rich boy, go give your new 'friend' a puppet show,"

You motioned the quotation marks with your hands, trying to indicate you were being sarcastic. Did clowns even know what sarcasm was? Did they even joke? He could've been shy but you assumed this clown just had a little crush on rich boy and that was the reason he hadn't said a word. 

Dandy gave you a look which shut you up. You were obviously playing the stereotypical role of one of his friends that tried to embarrass him when his crush was in presence. After all, you didn't want to mess up his special date.

Though, the man did listen to your advice. Whipping out two of his puppets, he stood on the stage, controlling them with the strings.

You stared at the puppets, almost like you were in a trance. They resembled you in a way, constantly listening to Dandy and feeling the need to help with his every need. It was almost like you were his babysitter. If you were, then you were doing a pretty shit job, you thought to yourself. He tried to kill you on your first day. 

His face lit up as he stared down at the clown, his loud voice snapping you out of your daze, "I'll be the King, you be Anna. We can do my favourite scene from the King and I,"

Your hand flew up to your mouth. As a child, you watched a film-remake of this specific musical. The King and Anna end up having a relationship full of conflict, as well as a love to which neither could admit. You were definitely rooting for this couple. 

"I saw the show on opening night. And then every night for a week. Yul Brynner was transcendent," The man grinned.

You rolled your eyes, slightly in jealousy. Life would've been so much easier for you if you had as much money as Dandy had. You could see his eyes light up at the mention of Yul Brynner. Maybe he was more of a 'fruit' than he said he was. 

He recited some lines as he moved the puppet's strings with his fingers, it floundered around under the stage lights. The clown was now sat on the opposite end of the couch from you. After repeatedly trying to start a conversation with him, you finally gave up and went to ride the bike in the corner of the room.

The bike was quite pointless as it didn't move. All you could do was pedal but it'd stay on the spot. You didn't have to bother knowing how to ride it, since it was stationed to the ground. Balance wasn't needed. For your first time on a bike, it was very anticlimactic. 

You noticed how Dandy had finally given up on the puppet show and was now stood in front of the clown again. As you pedalled, you listened to their conversation. It wasn't much of a conversation. Dandy just spoke without any response.

"I like real puppets like you," Dandy inched closer to the clown.

You stopped pedalling, now all of your attention was on the happy couple.

Taking advantage of having a friend, he decided to spill out his feelings, "I've had quite the terrible day. I could use a little diversion,"

"Amuse me, clown. I'm sure Mother has paid you handsomely," Dandy ordered, raising an eyebrow. Maybe he assumed the clown would start to juggle. He was still pretty upset that you failed to do so earlier in the day. 

It was in that moment where you could've sworn that the expressionless clown had a small smirk on his face. It quickly went back to his normal dull expression.

Dandy walked over to the clown, circling him with interest. He spotted the bag that the clown was holding which caused his new friend to hold it close to his chest, protectively. 

"Your silence is utterly provocative," You didn't know if he was about to throw a punch, or dive in for a kiss, "But you'll have to earn your keep, clown. Come!"

Leading the clown over to the toybox, he gave him instructions, "Find a toy, and show me what kind of clown you truly are,"

The clown then became occupied with the toybox as Dandy went to snoop around in his bag. 

You wandered over to Dandy, putting a hand on his back which shocked him enough to drop the bag.

"Look, man, doing this to the clown is really low. Even for you. I know you like him but playing around with his feelings isn't the right thing to do,"

Dandy clenched his fists, staring you down, his voice boomed against every wall in the room, "I've told you a million trillion times, I am not a fruit!"

The clown obviously noticed the commotion, as he swung around and slammed a bowling pin into Dandy's head. What a tragic end to their love story.

You staggered back, your hand instantly going to the knife in your pocket.

As he fell to the floor, the clown turned to look at you.

Luckily enough, you managed to pull the weapon out and clutched it tight, "I know that Dandy can be a pain in the ass but you didn't have to knock him out with a damn plastic bowling pin!"

The clown looked down at the knife in your hands, then back at you. He scurried out of the room. Sighing, you took a seat. What the actual hell was going on, this day felt never-ending.

Only a minute later, Dandy got up from the ground, tripping over and accidentally landing in your lap. 

His gaze averted from the ground, causing him to stare at you, a confused expression upon his face. He finally noticed the position he was in. You were the first to slightly move away from the man.

He finally flew to his feet and looked around, "Where did the clown go?"

You pointed at the door, then noticed the knife was still in your hand. He gave you a weird look and you quickly stuffed it away. 

He tugged your wrist and practically flung you outside with him.

"Hurry up. We're never going to catch up to him if you're being this slow," 

A/N Quick author's note to thank all of you for reading. It really means a lot! I posted the first chapter around two days ago and I already have almost 100 reads. I appreciate every one of you. The votes and comments really mean a lot! Even just reading the book puts a smile on my face.

If you're wondering why the story's going so slow , it's because I sort of want a slow burn relationship. Whether that'll happen, I don't know, you'll have to find out. I want them to establish a friendship first, instead of announcing their wedding in chapter two.

I hope you enjoyed this Dandy and Twisty chapter. It's totally a joke... yeah. A joke. Y/n 1000% ships and who blames her. Criticism is always appreciated and I hope you'll enjoy the future chapters to come!