Chapter 2. Classmates

Start from the beginning

PRESENT

But let's just get to class.

I look down in my pocket for my headband I always wear and wrapped it around my eyes. People wondered why I wore it but...I can't tell them. They can not know.

I took my first steps into the school, here we go my Junior year at Hopes Peak Academy as the Ultimate Lucky Student. I took a deep breathe and walked down the halls. While heading to my class room someone bumped into me and I fell over.

Makoto: Aaah!

I rubbed my head and I heard someone's voice.

???: Sorry, I was not paying attention to where I was going. Are you alright Makoto.

Makoto: Ouch. Y-Yeah I will be f-

As soon as I heard that voice my head shot up in the direction where I heard it from. It was Kyoko Kirigiri. My crush and also my other close friend.

Makoto: Aah! Kiri! Wh-What are you doing? Shouldn't you be in class by now?

Kyoko: I could ask the same question too you. I was told to look for you since your five minutes late. Kiyotaka got very upset so I got told to go find you.

Makoto: Y-Yeah, sorry.

Kyoko: No need to apologize. Now come on let's head to class.

She waved me to follow her. I did what she told me to do. We walked in silence while heading to class. Both of us did not say a word. I mean I am use to this but she is still wearing that hard mask. So, I will be the first to crack it.

Makoto: H-Hey, so how was your summer break?

Kyoko: It was...good.

Makoto: G-Good!

I smiled at her but she just kept walking and I just sighed. I know she is caring. By just looking into her lavender purple eyes, I can just tell.

Makoto: You kn-

Kyoko: You don't always need to try to make conversation Makoto.

Makoto: But don't you think it be wrong if we just don't talk?

Kyoko: We don't have to make conversation. After all, it's nice being quiet. Not saying it in a rude way. Just your presence is all I need.

I blushed lightly at her statement. My presence is all she needs aye? Well then that's good.

Makoto: Oh ok!

I smiled widely at her but she turned her head away. I look over to check on her and noticed she was blushing.

Makoto: You all right?

She turned her face back to me and nodded, noticing a slight shade of pink dusted on her cheeks. Is she embarrassed about something I did or say?

Kyoko: Hey. Are you going to keep staring at me? Because we're now here at class.

Makoto: Oh! S-Sorry Kiri, my bad. I won't do that again. I was just thinking.