1 ♗ Acception

You inhaled an inwards sigh, as your small figure laid on your back on the neatly aligned bed. Your blue eyes burning their never ending gaze onto the ceiling above you, as they fluttered consistently, casting sinister shadows across your room. The small rays of sunlight seeping through the small cracks that your curtains gave to let them enter as they kissed the floor, warming certain areas. Boredom was quickly etching across your attractive features and forever rational mind, as you kept inhaling deeps sighs, while thinking about a supposed event that would occur later on during today. It was Sunday, and to be honest, you were very anxious to say the very least. The reason you ask yourself? It was because your long time best friend was moving into your neighborhood today.

  It had been a year since you had seen him. Back in your old town you used to live in, he was your neighbor, along with his family. So out of that, your folks became friends with his, and you for one became best friends with him. You basically did a lot of things together; walking to school, doing homework, eating snacks, or playing video games together 24/7 since you both treated each other like siblings. (Even though sometimes you wished you were) He was also about a few months older than you. As of now, you were 16 and he was almost 18, maybe two, three months away to turn that specific age. Thinking through your mind, you wondered if he had changed in looks? Maybe he did, and was he attractive and had grown out of that childish state of mind and feature wise, but you couldn't simply like him, he was your best friend, or was he? From your old town, you had moved about a year ago, and thought you'd never see him again, but that all changed when you found out they were moving into your neighborhood about a week ago, which finally came the day that you would actually get to see him and his family. Which, by the way..was today.

  You wondered if his attitude changed, but knowing him, he didn't seem like that kind of person, though, you could have been equally, maybe almost incredulously wrong in your supposed, maybe rational case. Overall, you were honestly looking forward to hanging out with him again, it would be just like old times. Plus, you had a lot to show him; the school, the neighborhood, the cool woods you found nearby. You wanted to show him  everything since it was all new to him, along with the fact that you wanted to, not because you had to. At this moment in thought, you were equally happy, not only were you seeing your best friend from way back, but school was going well, except for one thing. No, you weren't being bullied physically, but just being plainly annoyed by these three boys.

  If it was unfortunate enough, they lived about a block away from your house, went to the same school, and every time you were taking a walk, or simply being on your own outside, they would constantly bother you. (whistle maliciously and flirt with you) Extremely at that, and did I mention the little "leader" of theirs? He was obviously the most infamous one out of the three, and there wasn't much you could do to make him stop, because truth be told, he simply wouldn't; the more you tried, the more he provoked, devilishly at that. Those three beings, well boys, were known with the names of Keith, Troy and of course the most foolish, and yet again the most infamous one of the three, Randy. He was the main one who would flirt with you, sometimes Keith would come join in. Troy on the other hand didn't do anything, he would always block you unless you tried to leave, while you wanted to escape them.

  The three of them were extremely annoying to you, no matter how many times you said "leave me alone". They just don't want to listen, but since when would they? Were you a victim they would just pick on, or did Randy want you to be his? He definitely wasn't your type, neither was Keith, nor Troy, so if that was the case, you would simply say "no". Though right now you didn't want to waste perfect space on those rats. You wanted to focus on your friend. Your best friend as a matter of fact. Sometimes, as it crosses your head, you even wondered if they stalked you. For this moment, what it would be like to see him after a year has gone by? Had his voice changed? His looks? His personality? More likely, had anything changed about him? Unfortunately, your forever curious mind didn't know as of now, but you knew later on you would. Sighing deeply, you continued to lay on your back, still burning your gaze into the ceiling, while blinking a few times since your eyes were stinging from the lack of fluttering your dark lashes did.