Chapter 2: Legolas

Chapter 2

Unknown's POV

I looked down at the unconscious, injured, elleth before me. It had been quite a shock as I was hunting spidrens, only to see a female elf collapsing. Who is she? I wondered.
She's quite beautiful, I thought.

Worriedly, I checked her condition before panicking. I must get her back to the palace. She was gravely injured, and had a toxic wound from that spidren scum.

I lifted her up and carried her to my horse, making haste to my father's gates.

"Welcome back, my prince," said the guards. "How was the hunt?" I gave a brief nod in answer before striding inside the throne room to see my father.

"Father!"

"Legolas." My father acknowledged. "Mani marte? What happened?"

"The spidrens are increasing no matter how many the guard comes. And Lord Elrond will be coming here in a week from Rivendell." I instantly replied. He nodded in acknowledgement. With a cold glance at the elleth, he asked "who is she?"

"I found her in the forest, not too far from the southern border. Ada, she's seriously hurt. I must take her to the healer's immediately!" I exclaimed, agitated. He hesitated.

"Ada! Father!" I pleaded.  "How could this young one be quite threat?!"

My father barely acknowledged the fact.  "My people are my only concern," ada replied.

I was agitated. It simply was not right to leave an injured Elleth - one of our own kind - to fade as we stood nearby, indifferent.

"Andelu i ven...! An wen han damen...The road is too danderous...! For her to go..."

"She does not seem to a threat in this state. Please, let me help her!."

My father stared at me. Challengely. Intimidatingly. To anyone else, it would seem that my face was almost emotionless, calm, cool and collected.

But inside, I was filled with anxiety and fear - for my ada was one of the most powerful elves in all of Middle Earth. But this time, I knew I was right. I swore to get this unknown elleth to the healer's. After a long pause, and a lot of staring, my father finally replied after what seemed forever.

"...Very well. I shall question her upon her awakening...if she survives." He dismissed me.

With one last glance, his eyes narrowed at the injured elleth in my arms.

"How interesting..." I heard him say as the oaken doors shut behind me. What did he mean? I wondered. Quickly, I ran towards the healing rooms, carrying the she-elf in my arms. She was surprisingly light as a feather, and didn't even stir as I gently placed her on a mattress where the healer stood, waiting. She nodded in acknowledgement. "Your highness," she greeted. "Please do everything in your power to heal her...I fear she has begun to pass into shadow." I said urgently.

"Be iest lin, nin erlil. As you wish, my prince."

Anxiously waiting outside the elf's recovery, I paced outside the oaken doors. I didn't understand why I cared so much for a stranger I found in my father's forest. After what seemed to me quite a long time, the doors opened and the healer came out. From her grave expression, I knew something was wrong.

She sighed from exhaustion, fingers running to her long gray hair. "I'm sorry, my prince." she spoke in hushed tones. "I tried everything I could."

"A si-dúwath inyue tofin. She has passed too deeply into the shadow," the healer whispered. "Whether she chooses the borderline of this world and the next is her decision."

"But she must wake up!" I exclaimed. I could feel my heart pounding, but from what?

"Your highness, please! It is her decision to make, and we have no right to judge. Her body was covered in wounds, not just the poison of the spidrens, but also what seems to be the work of orcs."

With that, the healer disappeared, turning the corner as I sighed and ran my hair through my blond hair.

Thranduil's POV

I looked up from my work to see my cherished son carrying a unconscious, delicate looking elleth. Her hair was hiding her face...

"Father!" Legolas said. He shifted, and I saw her face. She is certainly beautiful, I thought. Creamy milk skin against dark, long lashes framed her face, and perfect eyebrows against her hair. Her mouth was pink.

Wait, what was I thinking. I had sworn myself never to love again after the death of my beloved Ellerian.

Snapping to my senses, I shook myself. What was I thinking, I thought. "Very well." I said in a cold tone. "I shall question her upon her awakening...if she survives." I emotionlessly replied. My son nodded once before dashing off to the healer's.

"Interesting..." I thought aloud as the doors slammed shut. With that, I went back to my work.

Later that night, as I walked to my chamber, weary of the day's work, I passed the healer's room. Some unknown conscience at the back of my mind urged me to go and view the girl.

And so I did.

Only out of curiousity, I reminded myself. I must know who she is and if she is a threat to my kingdom. I walked into the room, and the healer stood. "Heru en amin, my king." she bowed

I surveyed the girl coldly. "How is she?" I asked carelessly. At that, the healer hesitated. At last, she replied, "It is her decision to choose this world or the shadow, harumin, king."

I sighed out of exasperation. Making sure to keep a cold mask on my face, I ordered her. "Leave," I said. She nodded, bowing one last time before backing out of the room. "My medical supplies are on the table if you need them," she called back.

I was of one of the most ancient and powerful of bloodlines. Magic, old magic, ran through my veins. The only ones that were equal to me were Elrond of Rivendell and the Lady Galadriel. Perhaps Saruman too, I scowled.

Concentrating, I touched the elleth's forehead and chanted, "Odulen anedraith angin, tolo Á tulë dan nan galad. I am here. Come back from the shadow and return to the light."

Over and over I chanted until I was mostly drained of my powers. Three hours later into the dead of the night, it was then that it happened.

At last, the elf finally opened her eyes, blinking to reveal shocking aquamarine innocence.

"Where am I?" she asked in the sweetest voice I have ever heard.

That was when I knew that things would begin to get complicated.

////////

Oohhhh....does Legolas have a connection with Kyrnn? And what about Thanduil x Kyrnn??? I can't decided who I should ship more!!! >///< I need a plot....someone HELP!!!

(But seriously, i need a good plot)