Chapter 2- I dream about this!

The walk to the bar was familiar to the group. It was the best way to de-stress from college and practice. By the number of people that frequented the bar on a daily basis, one would assume the whole campus agreed with the previous statement. Bokuto spotted the same faces that were in his eight am class that same morning, dressed in normal clothes instead of joggers and sweaters, as they danced the night away and drank away their problems.

The rules for those with a sports scholarship were stricter. They could lead the same life as everyone else, just not over do it. Or get caught.

First things first, they all needed a round of shots to get warmed up. The burning sensation clinged on his throat for a few seconds before it faded. Not after long, Atsumu was ordering the second round.

Bokuto scanned the filled venue. He browsed the faces on the dance floor and those who were in groups by the tables. Those were the faces of the ones that killed their dreams and hopes while having fun. Bokuto was still unknown as to where he standed himself.

With the knowledge that she was on the same campus as himself, it brought in him the hope to run into her at any given moment. He wanted to see her. After the group emptied their second glass, they howled, barely audible in comparison to the loud music.

"Bokuto is on the hunt." Atsumu faked a whisper so the whole group could hear.

"Are you looking for that girl?" Sakusa turned to where Bokuto had been glancing.

"Guess I am."

"I think she found you first. Isn't that her?" Hinata pointed to the dance floor.

Like an answer to his prayers, too wonderful to be true. The heart pounded inside his chest as his eyes browsed her skin from a distance. Her eyes called him.

"What are you waiting for? Go dance with her!" Atsumu gave his friend a push.

Bokuto stumbled, but quickly regained balance and picked up the pace as he made his way to Aika. Her eyes followed his every step. He asked to join her. She smiled and grabbed his hand. Their bodies moved with fluidity when they were together. A rush every time their skins rubbed against each other. Bokuto was still aware of it. How much in love he was with the shape of her body. The thrill of their relationship in those two years of push and pull. He couldn't get enough of it. He never wanted to break up with her, but they fell victim to the circumstances.

That night, he needed her more than ever. Selfshilly, he wanted Aika to save him from the darkness. Shamelessly, she admitted Bokuto drove her wild. The honesty in her eyes made him crash his lips into hers.

That night, his room smelled like her. Would that count as their second first date? Even though it wasn't planned, Bokuto liked to call it that. It gave him hope, a brim of light in the midst of the darkness of his mind.

The following morning, there was only the clinging heat from her body next to him. As he reached for his phone, it unlocked on his notes app. A message that left him with a silly smile.

"I had class and didn't want to wake you up. Text me when you read this."

The ecstasy in his body made him jump from the bed and open the heavy curtains to let the bright sun shine on the walls of his room. Everything around him was covered with something he recognized, familiar and warm. Filled with light. The traces of her. He wanted her back. Officially.

***

Everything was ready. Bokuto barely believed it to be real. When he invited Aika to spend the weekend in their hometown together, he didn't expect her to say yes so quickly. He was sure it would take more convincing. Maybe it would work, maybe it was that simple.